jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
it's suspicious that both you and Z-beat got into lockstep so quickly today,
It's very suspicious almost eerie how every person I target z-beat followed the same path almost imitatively. all of his reasons for why seem super thin feels like he could be an scum playing inactive and now that he wants to appear active going into the endgame he's just following the thoughts of a player that looks town. without doing scum-hunting himself.
do you believe Nat is scum?
My Nat scum read is based on the theory that he was desperately trying to save coolestspot yesterday. I would not want to vote Natiko without seeing coolestspots flip first (as soon as coolest flips scum we target Nat the next day.)

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 3 VOTES ====
Day Start

Z-Beat (2 votes)
Natiko - #857
jman1954goat - #941

CoolestSpot (2 votes)
Z-Beat - #901
CoolestSpot - #952

Not voting: LaunchpadMcQ, Brazil, Verelios

Post Counts:
jman1954goat: 26 Z-Beat: 25 Natiko: 17 CoolestSpot: 14 LaunchpadMcQ: 10 Verelios: 9

Current Countdown:
qgtw8dkjr0

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Because Brazil is among the list that I've been looking at since D1 on top of being less of a presence in the game than I'm used to. Plus Brazil seems like a contrast to coolest and idk why
Why are you looking at him specifically? Since you've been looking at him since Day 1, what all are the actual reasons you think he might be scum?

But before today your inactive too. your fishy as hell today z-beat none of your post are sitting right with me at all . why the sudden activity yet can't give a solid reason to anything. I hope you didn't think just because are votes line up that I haven't been side eyeing your post today.

VOTE:Z-Beat.
So does this mean you think Z-Beat is more likely to be scum than Coolest? Who do you think would be a teammate for scum!Z-Beat?

Vote: Coolestspot

If we're at this point let's do it then.
If you're town and doing this I straight up will sub out of any game I end up in with you.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I'm serious. I'm just over it. I hope I'm just wrong and he's scum, because otherwise fuck this. Some of us like to actually enjoy these games without someone just coming in and taking a shit on everything for the lolz. I hope his family never invites him to play Monopoly because he probably just eats the fucking money.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm serious. I'm just over it. I hope I'm just wrong and he's scum, because otherwise fuck this. Some of us like to actually enjoy these games without someone just coming in and taking a shit on everything for the lolz. I hope his family never invites him to play Monopoly because he probably just eats the fucking money.
No the fun is to siphon it illegally.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
That Monopoly dig
tenor.gif

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why are you looking at him specifically? Since you've been looking at him since Day 1, what all are the actual reasons you think he might be scum?
Brazil was in that roulette of vote trains D1 then kinda dropped into obscurity D2 and like I said before has been taking more a of a backseat which isn't what I remember from a town Brazil

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil was in that roulette of vote trains D1 then kinda dropped into obscurity D2 and like I said before has been taking more a of a backseat which isn't what I remember from a town Brazil
So, where do we go after Brazil flips? He hasn't been active much other than for a short time D2 and doesn't seem to have many reads (unless he believed the vote data was his read?).

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
So, where do we go after Brazil flips? He hasn't been active much other than for a short time D2 and doesn't seem to have many reads (unless he believed the vote data was his read?).
I bet he does believe that. I asked him about it and he didn't have any conclusions from the graphs, other than the graphs themselves.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
So does this mean you think Z-Beat is more likely to be scum than Coolest? Who do you think would be a teammate for scum!Z-Beat?
I feel coolest is most likely to be scum( I feel your scum but only because you are unwilling to turn on coolest )

z-beat is my second most likely vote today I don't like the way they have played today (super active suddenly and his reads are just parroting me but he can't give concrete reasons why) feels like a diffrent person at least you have been relitevily consistent all game.

I feel if z-beat is scum his partner is Luanchpad or verelios he seems to never bring them up in conversation

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
MyLo it is, I guess

For some reason I thought there were 13 of us in here
I don't think we're in lylo because the game would probably be over if so, unless Coolest and Z-Beat are both scum. It's probably just a two person scum team.

why am i likely to be scum
Because you're playing against town's best interests by self voting when we're likely one misvote away from lylo and we don't have a single scum flip. So either you're town playing like ass or you're scum.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I feel coolest is most likely to be scum( I feel your scum but only because you are unwilling to turn on coolest )

z-beat is my second most likely vote today I don't like the way they have played today (super active suddenly and his reads are just parroting me but he can't give concrete reasons why) feels like a diffrent person at least you have been relitevily consistent all game.

I feel if z-beat is scum his partner is Luanchpad or verelios he seems to never bring them up in conversation
Who do you feel is town among the six remaining?

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Whoops missed one of the quotes I wanted to respond to. I don't disagree that Brazil isn't generally so passive and absent, but I don't think that's exclusive to a specific alignment. This isn't his normal scum game either. It's why I'm null on him. I want to say he's more likely to be Town than scum but that's purely based off the idea that he probably wouldn't be as MIA if he had people relying on him more, but we've seen plenty of scum ghost the thread in past games so it's not conclusive enough to actually town read him at all.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
vote:
I don't think we're in lylo because the game would probably be over if so, unless Coolest and Z-Beat are both scum. It's probably just a two person scum team.

Because you're playing against town's best interests by self voting when we're likely one misvote away from lylo and we don't have a single scum flip. So either you're town playing like ass or you're scum.
What if playing like ass to make you think I'm stupid town or evil scum and using my reputation lets me slide by with my role this long?

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well. Opps. Just got home and that saved off phone and ruins my point.

Anyways, I am sorry for self voting. I'm kind of pissed off at certain people and the energy at me, I'm such a good little boy trying to help y'all. Like honestly I was trying to switch it up near day's end yesterday and today, and people still going "D3 HE JUST COASTING OFF HOW IT'S TOO LATE FOR POLICY KILL" when there is a list for why it doesn't make sense for me to be scum unless I'm just a fucking wildcard, I guess.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Well. Opps. Just got home and that saved off phone and ruins my point.

Anyways, I am sorry for self voting. I'm kind of pissed off at certain people and the energy at me, I'm such a good little boy trying to help y'all. Like honestly I was trying to switch it up near day's end yesterday and today, and people still going "D3 HE JUST COASTING OFF HOW IT'S TOO LATE FOR POLICY KILL" when there is a list for why it doesn't make sense for me to be scum unless I'm just a fucking wildcard, I guess.
You're overreacting. There are two votes on you right now, and one of them is yourself. Only two people are gunning for you today. If you're town, take a breath and play the game right.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're overreacting. There are two votes on you right now, and one of them is yourself. Only two people are gunning for you today. If you're town, take a breath and play the game right.
Real question, how many of you would be happy if I disappeared for the game or got a sub? Would that make the game more enjoyable for players?

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I need Brazil's input, cause at this point it seems like his inactivity and move on Uzzy vote wasn't to give us more reads yesterday, but thinking it'd get him town points and if he'd vote me I'd die when I'm an easy out for scum.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea why you guys are discussing potential scum teams when we're completely blind
Also this post is the most fucking anti-Brazil post, I mean I get his isn't outright shamming scum hunting, but anti-trying to figure out connections between players and possible set-ups against town? I don't want to tunnel but it reads so freakin' bizarre to me with the Brazil I once knew.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Heard, I'm not subbing out, and sorry for flipping the fuck out. Read into it what you will, but that's the one erraticity I don't want to bring to the game.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Who do you feel is town among the six remaining?
honestly nobody is coming off very town my reads are scum and stronger scum. I'm so paranoid right now and coolestspot outburst is making me second guess myself. I have my top two votes I want to cast (coolest or z-spot) everyone else's alignment in my brain depends on how those two flip.

Brazil is very scumy to me but we can't vote Brazil it does not give us enough info tomorrow if he flips town while everyone else gives us a lead depending on alignment.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
honestly nobody is coming off very town my reads are scum and stronger scum. I'm so paranoid right now and coolestspot outburst is making me second guess myself. I have my top two votes I want to cast (coolest or z-spot) everyone else's alignment in my brain depends on how those two flip.

Brazil is very scumy to me but we can't vote Brazil it does not give us enough info tomorrow if he flips town while everyone else gives us a lead depending on alignment.
z-beat*

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Nah, shortened day phases. It's probably MyLo with a 3-man scum team.

Also this post is the most fucking anti-Brazil post, I mean I get his isn't outright shamming scum hunting, but anti-trying to figure out connections between players and possible set-ups against town? I don't want to tunnel but it reads so freakin' bizarre to me with the Brazil I once knew.
Eh, I guess that's fair. It's just that I want someone else to figure this shit out for me so I can swoop in and save the day with a great vote, but trying to draw lines between hypothetical scum pairings with no scum flips at hand is just clearly not the way.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Eh, I guess that's fair. It's just that I want someone else to figure this shit out for me so I can swoop in and save the day with a great vote, but trying to draw lines between hypothetical scum pairings with no scum flips at hand is just clearly not the way.
Okay then...what do you suggest we do moving forward to have the most successful gameday if this is MyLo? Mind you, I think you're likely scum with Z-Beat still.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017

Shortening the day phases isn't something specifically tied to mylo/lylo. Source: I've ran multiple games and I've shortened the phases in other circumstances.

Are you going to actually try and do your own scum hunting or..?

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Alright, then name your number 1 scum read today.
Between Coolest and jman, I guess. jman is someone who's very poignant when poking others or trying to tell others what they should be doing, but who never takes hard stances themselves. He displays some form of self-doubt almost every time he makes a statement of opinion.

I guess that's a glorified gut read. The erratic D1 voting was interesting yesterday, but now that I know 3 out of the 4 trains that seemed to have a shot at happening that day ended up being townies, it's way more likely that scum simply did whatever with their votes at that stage.

I'm also fairly convinced there's scum between you and Natiko.

No usual huge post filled with quotes to back this up for now.

I guess I now know how tired as fuck!Brazil plays Mafia. I kinda miss being a poor freelancer.

I feel like this happens at least once every single time these two are in a game together.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Between Coolest and jman, I guess. jman is someone who's very poignant when poking others or trying to tell others what they should be doing, but who never takes hard stances themselves. He displays some form of self-doubt almost every time he makes a statement of opinion.

I guess that's a glorified gut read. The erratic D1 voting was interesting yesterday, but now that I know 3 out of the 4 trains that seemed to have a shot at happening that day ended up being townies, it's way more likely that scum simply did whatever with their votes at that stage.

I'm also fairly convinced there's scum between you and Natiko.

No usual huge post filled with quotes to back this up for now.

I guess I now know how tired as fuck!Brazil plays Mafia. I kinda miss being a poor freelancer.

I feel like this happens at least once every single time these two are in a game together.
If you think it's MYLO and you don't think Z-Beat is scum you shouldn't be debating, you'd know that the Z-Beat voters have to be scum. Otherwise game would be over. Why do you townread Z-Beat?

Can I learn the other option before deciding
Disappear into the ether while I yell at you via typed messages.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
The erratic D1 voting was interesting yesterday, but now that I know 3 out of the 4 trains that seemed to have a shot at happening that day ended up being townies, it's way more likely that scum simply did whatever with their votes at that stage.
Call it OMGUS or whatever, but this vote is one that sticks out to me with the above in mind. It didn't feel organic at the time, either, but I wasn't here at EoD to complain.

I agree with this only at the very day's end, as that's the only time it makes sense to not go after your number one scum read in order to make an actual meaningful vote.

Vote: Brazil

I'm unsure of if you didn't vote Nat because you thought it wouldn't gain traction, or if it was because you didn't believe in making the case. Now that there's two votes on him, how would you choose?
Vere editorialized hard with the reasoning behind this vote, which, alright, but he just threw it out there alongside a weird question and left it there until the day ended.

Here's the editorializing (this post precedes the vote):

@Brazil you felt like Nat might be scum, and you seemed a tad more convinced than your Alex read. It's a bit weird that you didn't really return to that with a vote, no?
It feels like Vere intentionally created this "Isn't it weird that Brazil isn't voting for Natiko?" narrative out of a tale he himself spun ("You seemed more convinced about Natiko than Alexem"), and then used that to justify his vote.

To me this looks like scum looking for an easy vote to sit on top of, and not actual scumhunting, especially with how much pieces moved around near that EoD.

He just latched onto this throughout D1, and when the phase was over, he never brought it up again.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
This is Vere's D2 vote:

How dare you call responsibility cowardness! I've just been slightly worried that I could vote and then two more people snipe and hammer the day away. Between Coolest and Uzzy I'm leaning towards voting Uzzy since Coolest has basically said he randomised his reads this game. I'm not going to cry about a coolest lunch though.

Vote:Uzzy

Give us some of your actual reads.
It echoes his D1 vote not only in terms of what he said alongside it, but also in the fact that that was his only vote throughout that phase. He just stuck to it.

With the vote 2-2 between Uzzy and Coolest very early on in that phase, Vere decided that he had to choose between those two, and did so by putting Uzzy in the lead 3-2.

Fast forward to the D2 EoD chaos, and Vere is actively advocating that people should vote for Launch... while still keeping his own vote on Uzzy.

People are just going to go through the same motions tomorrow if Launch lives, especially Uzzy and Coolest. It's not a good situation in an instance where today is a mislunch.

Natiko, if you feel like they're both town then vote launch. We have the time necessary to recover if it's a ML today, and I think we'll be able to narrow down scum targets for sure tomorrow.
You really think so? I feel like going Launch leads to a bigger redux
Not really. This is going to be a giant talking point for at least 1/3 of the roster. I don't want to spend our time going over it given our activity.

Plus it tells us about his voters.
Verelios why didn't you move your own vote, instead of telling Natiko what to do?

You literally said a Launch lynch would be better than the one you were going for, and you even said that we had the time necessary to recover if it ended up as a mislynch.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Now I also can't shake the feeling that Verelios was protecting Coolest.

It started off mild, with Vere opposing Natiko's negative read of Coolest:

I feel like so long as coolest is scum hunting and posting then there will be reasons to vote or not vote them besides his playstyle. They're going to be erratic but I'd move away from policy lunching jist on that.

---

Then he actually posted an early D2 "slight scum read" on Coolest, which is interesting given what he spent the next two phases doing:
Slight scum reads on:
Coolest- Didn't seem to care who was lunched yesterday, which is odd. Even though Coolest is erratic he's not purposefully destructive so discounting the very low possibility of two neutrals, it's possible that he didn't care because the votes were swinging to town.

---

But then

I'm going to disregard Coolest here, between Uzzy and launch who are you more wary of? From your post, it sounds like there could have been a concerted effort made to push you if both of them were scum, but there wasn't.
When Vere questioned town!Maol like this, the vote was:

Coolest - 2
Uzzy - 1
Launch - 1

Vere hadn't voted for Uzzy yet.

"Disregard the vote leader, let's talk about the other two options on the table."

---

Just a page after that, after Z-Beat votes against Coolest, Vere actively tries to dissuade Z-Beat from voting there:

Alexem seemed to question Maol's more than Brazil's and Launchpad questioned Brazil's, while Maol dismissed launchpad's

There's clearly a chain in there somewhere and after this one it might help to probe that chain more
Wait, what do you mean after this one?
None of those mentioned are in the leading trains last I checked and I'd rather Coolest first
Sure, but there's not really reason to wait until tomorrow is there? Like, you can get started working on the chain now.
"Why vote against vote leader Coolest today when you can vote for someone else?"

Vere just straight up trying to dissuade Z-Beat from voting against Coolest (Z-Beat any thoughts?).

---

Even Uzzy herself pointed out the weird "it's either Uzzy or Coolest" dichotomy that Vere came up with to justify his D2 vote:

Oh I'm aware. Your argument for voting for me is that Coolest randomises his reads though. Which makes it tricky to refute your reasons for voting for me.

---

And even today:

Maol is dead, Alexem is dead and launch almost died yesterday. You got a flip yesterday, so where are you on this chain today.

Straight up, don't talk about Coolest. I want to hear your other thoughts.