• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Fast forward to the D2 EoD chaos, and Vere is actively advocating that people should vote for Launch... while still keeping his own vote on Uzzy.

Verelios why didn't you move your own vote, instead of telling Natiko what to do?

You literally said a Launch lynch would be better than the one you were going for, and you even said that we had the time necessary to recover if it ended up as a mislynch.
Going back to this, notice how Vere points specifically at Launch as the alternative when trying to move Natiko's vote.

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 3 VOTES ====
Day Start

Z-Beat (2 votes)
Natiko - #857
jman1954goat - #941

CoolestSpot (2 votes)
Z-Beat - #901
CoolestSpot - #952

Verelios (1 votes)
Brazil - #999

Not voting: LaunchpadMcQ, Verelios

Post Counts:
jman1954goat: 30 Z-Beat: 26 CoolestSpot: 26 Natiko: 23 LaunchpadMcQ: 15 Verelios: 15 Brazil: 12

Current Countdown:
qgtw8dkjr0

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
And after criticizing y'all, now I can see a potential scum pairing. Scum!Vere getting overly conscious of scum!Coolest's shenanigans and doing exactly the opposite of what he signaled he wouldn't do if he was in a small scum team.

VOTE: Verelios
Vere's been one of my top town reads since pretty early on, even with some differences of opinion here and there we've mostly been of similar thought and when I see someone going through the same thought process I have it's usually a good indicator. We've basically mind melded so I'm not really sold.

One of the pieces of your argument is Vere's day end yesterday and pushing for Launch. In a vacuum I could see that looking off, but what your argument and Z-Beat's earlier miss is the conversation swirled around the idea of making someone cast the deciding vote and for whatever reason that fell to me. Yes, Vere could have moved but so could literally everyone else. You cast a reasonless vote just to put me on the spot, so it's kinda laughable to then cast dispersions on someone else over not moving as well.

Why does Vere pushing for Launch mean anything when the alternative was Uzzy, now confirmed Town? I had made it clear I wasn't going to cause a three way tie so Vere has literally nothing to worry about in that situation. How does pushing for Launch over Uzzy implicate him in a Coolest/Vere team?

I have never said that, and I'm not afraid to admit that Z-Beat is a big blind spot for me right now.
I was just working off of the four people you listed as your scum leans. Who do you Town read

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
What's kinda laughable is you thinking that was about you when I gave you no indication of that.
Uh you literally responded and voted in response to Maol saying to force me to choose.

Brazil could force Natiko to decide by voting Coolest too.
Alright, this is the push I needed tbh

VOTE: Uzzy
If anyone made a move to save Coolest it would be you forcing the tie between Uzzy and Launch instead of Coolest and Launch.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Uh you literally responded and voted in response to Maol saying to force me to choose.
I made a move in response to Maol being the second person telling others to move their vote a certain way, after jman. In fact, you moving was the most boring outcome possible in that situation.

If anyone made a move to save Coolest it would be you forcing the tie between Uzzy and Launch instead of Coolest and Launch.
Feel free to go down that line, it's your funeral.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I made a move in response to Maol being the second person telling others to move their vote a certain way, after jman. In fact, you moving was the most boring outcome possible in that situation.

Feel free to go down that line, it's your funeral.
I would go down that line... if I thought Coolest was scum. But I don't, thus you and everyone else were probably just deciding between townies. My vote is already on who I think needs to go.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well. Opps. Just got home and that saved off phone and ruins my point.

Anyways, I am sorry for self voting. I'm kind of pissed off at certain people and the energy at me, I'm such a good little boy trying to help y'all. Like honestly I was trying to switch it up near day's end yesterday and today, and people still going "D3 HE JUST COASTING OFF HOW IT'S TOO LATE FOR POLICY KILL" when there is a list for why it doesn't make sense for me to be scum unless I'm just a fucking wildcard, I guess.
Didn't mean to upset you Coolest. It's all just a game

49j76x.gif

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Natiko your saying all the right things my scum read on you is getting weaker you better not be playing us.

My final vote is almost certain to land on coolestspot or Z-beat unless something crazy happens. But these two Brazil posts are concerning.
MyLo it is, I guess

For some reason I thought there were 13 of us in here
Nah, shortened day phases. It's probably MyLo with a 3-man scum team.
you really don't know how many players are in the game? Yet your confident in the size of the mafia team?

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is clearly outside factors that are exhausting brazil which make his questionable playstyle and forgetting the numbers off. Maybe we can back off him a bit.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Call it OMGUS or whatever, but this vote is one that sticks out to me with the above in mind. It didn't feel organic at the time, either, but I wasn't here at EoD to complain.

Vere editorialized hard with the reasoning behind this vote, which, alright, but he just threw it out there alongside a weird question and left it there until the day ended.

Here's the editorializing (this post precedes the vote):

It feels like Vere intentionally created this "Isn't it weird that Brazil isn't voting for Natiko?" narrative out of a tale he himself spun ("You seemed more convinced about Natiko than Alexem"), and then used that to justify his vote.

To me this looks like scum looking for an easy vote to sit on top of, and not actual scumhunting, especially with how much pieces moved around near that EoD.

He just latched onto this throughout D1, and when the phase was over, he never brought it up again.
I editorialized hard? Here are your preceding D1 posts
VOTE: Alexem

"I feel ok with them" posts when nothing has happened yet is one of those things.
Verelios Any thoughts on Natiko and Fran following the "Let's discuss whether mechanics talk is good/bad on D1" script to a tee? Are either of them raising any alarms for you?
Yes. There's nothing scum!Natiko likes more than indefinitely latching onto a discussion like that, one in which he knows both players are being reasonable but have a slight difference in perspective.

I also find D1 town!Fran more tunnel vision-y than he is in this game, but that's just a small sidenote thus far.
You're trying to tell me that this doesn't seem like you're scum reading Nat? Not to mention your Alexem vote was pretty much fluff tier, Nat and Fran were basically the only actual reads you gave before slipping into the ether. I gave you the benefit of the doubt when you said I didn't know your read list, because that's true. Look up there and tell me though that based on what you said, your reads weren't what it seems.
This is Vere's D2 vote:

It echoes his D1 vote not only in terms of what he said alongside it, but also in the fact that that was his only vote throughout that phase. He just stuck to it.

With the vote 2-2 between Uzzy and Coolest very early on in that phase, Vere decided that he had to choose between those two, and did so by putting Uzzy in the lead 3-2.

Fast forward to the D2 EoD chaos, and Vere is actively advocating that people should vote for Launch... while still keeping his own vote on Uzzy.

Verelios why didn't you move your own vote, instead of telling Natiko what to do?

You literally said a Launch lynch would be better than the one you were going for, and you even said that we had the time necessary to recover if it ended up as a mislynch.
I didn't want a launch vote because I saw him as town, just as said previously, I've repeatedly said I wanted Uzzy who I stuck with. What I did say is that if Uzzy and Coolest wanted to go for Launch then trying to force Nat's hand to vote there is bullshit. They(whoever wanted to move to launch) should take responsibility in that case. If their vote didn't go through then we would probably have 1/3 of the roster harping on the same shit tomorrow, which made me too tired to deal with that shit.

What I'm going to say now is, if you felt so strongly then why didn't you keep your your vote on Coolest, instead of switching to Uzzy at first light? Your reasoning is that you were convinced on Uzzy's train but you came into D2 with a post thay seemed like you were going to vote for Coolest, with the explanation that Coolest seemed to know the D1 wagons were T/T...but then you just didn't. Reminder that you haven't talked about Uzzy before, almost at all, whereas the majority of your content was spent on Coolest.
I've pointed that post out before, but the "after" is less interesting to me. Trust me when I say the erratic EoD is NAI for Coolest.

What's interesting is figuring out why Coolest thought both were town earlier, since he hadn't talked about Alexem nor about Maol prior to that.
He'd given no indication that he was townreading them prior to or after that post, and we know at least Alexem was town. It sounded like scum distancing themselves from the lynch.
I'd be voting for Coolest now. Don't wanna put him in hammer range.
I didn't get that vibe at all. There's clearly a virtual tie between Uzzy and Coolest, even though the votes weren't equal on practice, and the momentum feels more against mr. self-vote than against Uzzy.
You seemed to imply that no one was opposing Uzzy, but there really wasn't any opposition against Coolest either, and the conversation seemed more focused on the latter even at that point. It didn't seem like a case of "dead air, dead townie" at all because no one knew where things were headed.

What's your take on the move to Launch as the lead, then?

But I'm with you regarding Coolest. If he flips town, we're basically back to square one tomorrow.
Not a particularly bad plan, but Coolest is too much of a low-hanging fruit. Hmmm
You literally start to backpedal on Coolest's vote very close to EOD because of things you already knew.

Now I also can't shake the feeling that Verelios was protecting Coolest.

It started off mild, with Vere opposing Natiko's negative read of Coolest:

---

Then he actually posted an early D2 "slight scum read" on Coolest, which is interesting given what he spent the next two phases doing:

---

But then

When Vere questioned town!Maol like this, the vote was:

Coolest - 2
Uzzy - 1
Launch - 1

Vere hadn't voted for Uzzy yet.

"Disregard the vote leader, let's talk about the other two options on the table."
There's a very big difference between saying let's talk about the other two options on the table, and asking who they're wary of from the people that scumread him and that he scum reads in turn.
Just a page after that, after Z-Beat votes against Coolest, Vere actively tries to dissuade Z-Beat from voting there:

"Why vote against vote leader Coolest today when you can vote for someone else?"

Vere just straight up trying to dissuade Z-Beat from voting against Coolest (Z-Beat any thoughts?).
Read the exchange, you can vote for a wagon while also going after your other reads, which is exactly what I said. Nowhere did I dissuade from a Coolest vote.
Even Uzzy herself pointed out the weird "it's either Uzzy or Coolest" dichotomy that Vere came up with to justify his D2 vote:
Well, that's simply not true. Since we can all read it I'm going to assume you were mistaken but Uzzy doesn't mention that, and furthermore, I didn't create the leading wagons.

If you think this is mylo Brazil, and you're this sloppy with an ISO made after playing three days together then I don't know what to say. There are a lot of legitimate criticisms that I feel can be leveled at me, my reluctance to vote for one, that you never get around to talking about. Your main point boils down to an argument used by many people over the game which is Coolest protection. Not to mention how ridiculous that is, not only have I been consistent on Coolest being erratic since D1 and therefore not helpful in building threads, if you believe this is mylo and that someone is protecting a player, why would you not go for the player. That's the kind of dissonance I'm talking about. It's a point that's obvious and yet you don't seem to care at all.

Do you really scum read Coolest or is this pretense?

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Rather than responding line by line to what's happened since last night, I'm going to summarize my thoughts on today.

Right now, my feeling is that Verelios and Natiko are definitely town (or the most wily scum I've seen); I think they are playing their reads and following through. I've felt that way since pretty early on.

I agree with something Natiko said earlier, I think CoolestSpot would be getting bussed hard if he were scum. There's no way not to see that. I don't think that's definitive proof of anything, but the layout of this game right now makes it feel like there's just been absolutely nothing holding Coolest back from the edge. If we're right that there are two scum, I think there's no way a second scum, even Coolest, would get bussed that way. I would look elsewhere for today, and as Verelios pointed out, if we hit scum today, we can always lynch Coolest if he gets problematic again (though he has cooled down and seems to be trying to do better).

That brings us to Z-Beat, Jman, and Brazil. I feel like these three having been acting the scummiest coming out of D2. The interactions late yesterday and today have highlighted that for me:
  • Z-Beat - I pressed Z-Beat on his vote yesterday, others have pressed him over the last few days, and he will not concede that Coolest is a bad choice. I've seen scum tunnel in like this before to try to build that thickheaded town cred and it's raising a lot of flags now. Given his increase in activity D3, lack of any other viable reads (other than those seemingly aped from Jman), and pretty much never saying anything that isn't topped with three layers of crypticness, I'm putting my vote here today. I agree with a lot of the suspicions Natiko raised D1, as well.
  • Jman - Jman seems to be chasing every squirrel that passes by. Pressing Natiko today while throwing suspicion at Brazil then moving on to Coolest. I'm not a fan of how he played out day end yesterday, trying to goad Natiko to vote and break the tie rather than doing it himself. It reeks of trying to skirt responsibility for whatever the outcome is.
  • Brazil - The Uzzy vote at near the last minute with no real explanation beforehand is really out of place. Brazil has been playing a more reserved game, with only spurts of activity, so this obviously raised some flags. Then coming in today to address some of Verelios behavior without much solid reasoning behind it. I've been really not happy with Brazil's play this game, and it's even more suspicious I think that he is townreading me after soft-peddling a lot of suspicion towards me late in the day yesterday.

VOTE: Z-Beat

This is where my vote is going right now.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, the whole situation where most folks yesterday were like "yep Launch and Uzzy are the trains today", then everyone suddenly town reading me after Natiko started off today saying "naw Launch is town" absolutely reeks. Coolest is guilty of this, as well as those bottom three folks.

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 3 VOTES ====
Day Start

Z-Beat (2 votes)
Natiko - #857
jman1954goat - #941 #1,013
LaunchpadMcQ - #1,017

CoolestSpot (2 votes)
Z-Beat - #901
CoolestSpot - #952

Verelios (1 votes)
Brazil - #999

Brazil (1 votes)
jman1954goat - #1,013

Not voting: Verelios

Post Counts:
jman1954goat: 33 Z-Beat: 28 CoolestSpot: 27 Natiko: 27 LaunchpadMcQ: 17 Brazil: 16 Verelios: 16

Current Countdown:
qgtw8dkjr0

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
I think CoolestSpot would be getting bussed hard if he were scum. There's no way not to see that. I don't think that's definitive proof of anything, but the layout of this game right now makes it feel like there's just been absolutely nothing holding Coolest back from the edge. If we're right that there are two scum, I think there's no way a second scum, even Coolest, would get bussed that way. I would look elsewhere for today, and as Verelios pointed out, if we hit scum today, we can always lynch Coolest if he gets problematic again (though he has cooled down and seems to be trying to do better).
If there are three scum I believe coolest would get bused for easy town points. If this is a two person scum team I think you never bus coolest no matter what he does. If today is a mislynch we are in MYLO/LYLO tomorrow ( can someone explain the difference not gonna lie I keep looking up the definition and mylo and lylo seem like the same thing to me.) scum would absolutely take the chance at being 3/2 tomorrow keeping coolest instead of going 4/1 (extending the game an extra day.)

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
If there are three scum I believe coolest would get bused for easy town points. If this is a two person scum team I think you never bus coolest no matter what he does. If today is a mislynch we are in MYLO/LYLO tomorrow ( can someone explain the difference not gonna lie I keep looking up the definition and mylo and lylo seem like the same thing to me.) scum would absolutely take the chance at being 3/2 tomorrow keeping coolest instead of going 4/1 (extending the game an extra day.)
In a mylo situation you can choose to abstain from lunching so that you have a better shot tomorrow. Think of a 5 town/3 scum scenario. If you mislunch then scum Nks, they win with 3 town/3 scum, but if you don't lunch, it ends up 4 town/3 scum even with the NK. Lylo means that if you mislunch, it's over. For example, if we ML today and tomorrow with a 2 scum team, then that's 5 town/2 scum-> 3 town/2 scum, we lose. We're in a lylo situation where we cannot afford to abstain from voting and must not mislunch.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
LYLO means you HAVE to vote scum out correctly to not lose. MYLO means you have to not vote town out to not lose. Essentially the difference is in MYLO you can no vote and the game won't end, but in LYLO that option is removed.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
I see I worded that thought poorly. I meant that Coolest has been getting too close to getting lynched too many times at this point with no cover. There has been a strong effort to get Coolest lynched in this game. If Z-Beat or someone else has been driving the Coolest trains, it would not be because scum is trying to bus him; the argument is that he's just an easy town target for scum because his scummate would not bus him in a 2 player team, they would take the conversation away from a Coolest lynch.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
There are only 7 of us left does that mean we are in MYLO or do we still have time?
MyLo it is, I guess

For some reason I thought there were 13 of us in here
This is a weird transition that I'm only noticing now. Jman opens up the day asking if we're in mylo (we go over that it's not) and then Brazil starts the day seemingly thinking that it's mylo too, until we go through the same conversation again. Now, the only thing confusing me is that by any metric, town or scum, Brazil should know it's not mylo, while Jman is more understandable being newer.

But was the idea that it's mylo so prevalent yesterday? I even made a chart of where we were currently.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Jman - Jman seems to be chasing every squirrel that passes by. Pressing Natiko today while throwing suspicion at Brazil then moving on to Coolest. I'm not a fan of how he played out day end yesterday, trying to goad Natiko to vote and break the tie rather than doing it himself. It reeks of trying to skirt responsibility for whatever the outcome is.
What kind of player would i be if I didn't follow up on my reads. If i see a squirrel that looks suspicious i am gonna follow it and not tunnel vision on only one person. If your right and the first person you suspect/vote is scum great you did it. If you are wrong and never question anyone else scum escape the day not only avoiding the lynch vote but also never facing even a little pressure during the day.

Forcing a tie is just how I play mafia this was a stunt I pulled during day 1 Neir mafia
UNVOTE.

Have fun kids see you tomorrow!!
I Intentionally unvoted with one hour left acting like I was not coming back creating a tie in the process to study peoples reactions. then with 15 minutes left placed my vote.

Voting is our most powerful tool in the game People can lie all game but seeing where they put there vote in a important high stress situation is valuable.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I see I worded that thought poorly. I meant that Coolest has been getting too close to getting lynched too many times at this point with no cover. There has been a strong effort to get Coolest lynched in this game. If Z-Beat or someone else has been driving the Coolest trains, it would not be because scum is trying to bus him; the argument is that he's just an easy town target for scum because his scummate would not bus him in a 2 player team, they would take the conversation away from a Coolest lynch.
tumblr_mghrub9AVj1r9c63ao1_500.gifv

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Now, the only thing confusing me is that by any metric, town or scum, Brazil should know it's not mylo
Brazil is clearly does not have his heart or head fully in the game.
There is clearly outside factors that are exhausting brazil which make his questionable playstyle and forgetting the numbers off. Maybe we can back off him a bit.
I also don't wanna be to hard on him if real life stuff is getting in the way so I feel bad for pressing him to hard. on the other hand there's a chance he is scum real life interfering or not.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After I die someone kill coolest for me
Dude
Are you for real

How about any reads to everybody else before you might get voted out

Brazil is clearly does not have his heart or head fully in the game.

I also don't wanna be to hard on him if real life stuff is getting in the way so I feel bad for pressing him to hard. on the other hand there's a chance he is scum real life interfering or not.
No I agree, and if zbeat flips scum I'm going after brazil after what screams like zbeat doing the scum distancing from town from slightly attacking them or bringing eyes to them so they wont be connected.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Oh yeah. I want to back off Brazil today cause I really was reading him in a way that may be him being flustered by outside life factors.

I know this reads as me voting for guy gunning for me but
Vote: Z-Beat
UNDERSTAND
UNDERSTAND
WHAT?????????????? HE DIDN'T VOTE FOR HIMSELF I AM SHOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!
MAYBE HE ACCIDENTALLY VOTED FOR SOMEONE ELSE HERE BUDDY I WILL HELP YOU
VOTE:Coolestspot
this is sarcasm for anyone who could not tell why did you guys get baited by his self vote it is obvious he would not end the day with a vote on himself.

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
UNVOTE

Imagine I am still voting for Z-Beat in spirit for right now.

What kind of player would i be if I didn't follow up on my reads. If i see a squirrel that looks suspicious i am gonna follow it and not tunnel vision on only one person. If your right and the first person you suspect/vote is scum great you did it. If you are wrong and never question anyone else scum escape the day not only avoiding the lynch vote but also never facing even a little pressure during the day.

Forcing a tie is just how I play mafia this was a stunt I pulled during day 1 Neir mafia

I Intentionally unvoted with one hour left acting like I was not coming back creating a tie in the process to study peoples reactions. then with 15 minutes left placed my vote.

Voting is our most powerful tool in the game People can lie all game but seeing where they put there vote in a important high stress situation is valuable.
I'm not really sold on that. You weren't just watching how people reacted; you were telling a specific person to close the vote out.

Majority is 4 and Z-beat has 3 so be careful not to end the day early even if you want Z-beat gone.
All this posturing will go a long way for you tomorrow, I'm sure. That and not hammering Z-Beat when you had the chance.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I'm saying you're suspicious.

Same to Brazil at this point.
Brazil needs to give us more. I know he can be busy and life happens, but there have been a lot of low posters who only posted a few times per day yet offered something substantial to compensate. The problem isn't with the posting frequency seeing as I've never had one with LP, it's with the quality.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil needs to give us more. I know he can be busy and life happens, but there have been a lot of low posters who only posted a few times per day yet offered something substantial to compensate. The problem isn't with the posting frequency seeing as I've never had one with LP, it's with the quality.
Brazil has at least tried to make a case today, so he's shown up more than he did in previous phases. I think he's just flat out wrong, but it's a start at least.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil has at least tried to make a case today, so he's shown up more than he did in previous phases. I think he's just flat out wrong, but it's a start at least.
This is a fair point, Brazil did make a case today.
Nope, my thoughts are still pretty solid, though I do think the option to bus me after stating it'd be insane to bus coolest is odd
Bus? Are we thinking of the same term?