• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
I can def commiserate with spending crazy hours on a game you dont enjoy but i def respect anyone who can identify what the game is doing to them and removing themselves from the situation, but yeh not a skill that's readily available to a lot of ppl.

Shoutout playing league while identifying as a good player and playing kh3 at all

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
He "harassed them without evidence"? Dont make shit up dude. He made accusations and its fine for people to believe who they want to, but he didnt harass anyone in those tweets.

Yes he did, considering he spammed that again, in the hope a mob goes against us. It's easy to say that in your position, you're not getting in the eyes of weird communities that I cant even name here.
He made accusations of crimes; No, it's not "fine for people to believe". Either back those claims or shut up.

Zoon

Oct 25, 2017
That thread definitely felt like it was made to bait bans. Looks like it sort of succeeded making the PC community here smaller.

ConfusedOwl

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
All this EGS drama just reinforces me being increasingly exhausted with internet discourse and further reminds me how much trolling people are allowed to get away with here. I don't even participate in most of those discussions. I will continue to not use EGS no matter how many bad faith arguments I read.

That said I have also been playing TemTem and find it very charming when I'm able to play it.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
That thread definitely felt like it was made to bait bans. Looks like it sort of succeeded making the PC community here smaller.
Shitty mods and bait threads are good at doing stuff like that, but ERA itself has been going down the shitter for a while now. This place is so negative and cynical.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes he did, considering he spammed that again, in the hope a mob goes against us. It's easy to say that in your position, you're not getting in the eyes of weird communities that I cant even name here.
He made accusations of crimes; No, it's not "fine for people to believe". Either back those claims or shut up.

Any good defense attorney will tell you when falsely accused to shut up and roll over!

/s

Sorry this is going on dude. Regardless of whatever happened I found it insanely gross that a mod let that twitter post stay up and said nothing about it. It's baiting plain and simple

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Any good defense attorney will tell you when falsely accused to shut up and roll over!

/s

Sorry this is going on dude. Regardless of whatever happened I found it insanely gross that a mod let that twitter post stay up and said nothing about it. It's baiting plain and simple

The worst part is that it's getting a round 2.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
That thread was an absolute shitshow. "Bad faith", the thread. But I guess it's just going to be ignored now.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
This forum is such a far cry away from what it was supposed to be when it was first formed. There a couple threads here I like to follow (this thread, vr thread, the tv thread) but I wouldn't give this forum much time anymore.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
I know this year was boar's thanks to Gwent.

I think your current situation is worse than a ban. Maybe abandon this account? You could start again with a new nickname.

Luckily, I've always been smart with that kind of thing. ERA is the only place I use the nickname GhostTrick.
And if someone wants to shit on me here with those accusations, they can feel free. But they'll also get reported for it.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Caught up.

What an utter shitshow all around.

For shame on everything around that tweet, and on 2Bee for clearly piggybacking it with the blatant ban baiting thread.
And it's a disgrace that this site's moderation has not demodded or banned 2Bee, and certainly for still keeping that tweet up.

I'm out. Fuck this.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Caught up.

What an utter shitshow all around.

For shame on that ex mod
For shame on 2Bee for the blatant ban baiting
And for shame on this site's moderation as a whole for not demodding or banning 2Bee, and certainly for still keeping that tweet up.

I'm out. Fuck you.

Honestly, I wouldn't blame the moderation team here. In fact, they're also being accused by that person of supporting that behaviour. In fact, said person is claiming that we were protected and that people such as Morrigan accepted that we did "racist harassment, death threats and doxxing" on that ex-moderator.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
At this rate it is up in the air whether ERA-PC will even outlast EGS lol.

Which runs out first: EGS moneyhats or number of posters posting in this thread?

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I wouldn't blame the moderation team here. In fact, they're also being accused by that person of supporting that behaviour. In fact, said person is claiming that we were protected and that people such as Morrigan accepted that we did "racist harassment, death threats and doxxing" on that ex-moderator.

Fuck me, Jesus wept. I certainly feel bad for you then Morrigan, no disrespect for you or any individual beyond the 2 mentioned.
I find it incredible as a site though that no action has taken place, with a current mod still in place and harmful content still live

Last edited:

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Don't think I said that. I said that saying he is harrassing people on Twitter is bs. He explicitly said he's saying this to give an explanation to people who know him as to why he's not on ERA anymore, nothing else. It's beyond me how you can read from those tweets the intention to have people harrassed in turn. If anything he's opening himself up for a ton of harrassment himself by even saying that stuff. (And legal consequences if it were false like GhostTrick here is threatening him with on Twitter, but that's beside the point).

He said his accusations, was asked about proof, doesnt seem to intend to follow up on it because he simply doesn't want to or he's making it up, up to you to believe either. No need to make it seem worse than it is by claiming he's harrassing people in those tweets. That's all I wanted to say even if I normally only read without posting here. And I'll leave it at that, since this is a community thread and not a place for a lengthy discussion about it anyway.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

Shop in The Steam Lunar New Year Sale, where you'll discover popular featured titles plus recommendations tailored just for you. Save on thousands of titles, now through January 27th at 10 am Pacific.

In celebration of the New Year, follow the origin story of the Zodiac as you open a new gift from the Emperor each day of the sale. Daily red envelopes feature Year of the Rat Tokens, good toward seasonal items available exclusively in The Lunar New Year Night Market.

Then, explore The Night Market, teeming with all-new seasonal goods such as animated Profile Backgrounds, Mini-Profile Backgrounds, Chat Room Effects, Chat Stickers, and more! Plus, save during the Lunar New Year Sale when you purchase the Lunar New Year Coupon, good for use throughout the sale.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
What sale are you guys seeing? I restarted the client and dont see anything.

Edit: Nevermind. Just popped up.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't think I said that. I said that saying he is harrassing people on Twitter is bs. He explicitly said he's saying this to give an explanation to people who know him as to why he's not on ERA anymore, nothing else. It's beyond me how you can read from those tweets the intention to have people harrassed in turn. If anything he's opening himself up for a ton of harrassment himself by even saying that stuff. (And legal consequences if it were false like GhostTrick here is threatening him with on Twitter, but that's beside the point).

He said his accusations, was asked about proof, doesnt seem to intend to follow up on it because he simply doesn't want to or he's making it up, up to you to believe either. No need to make it seem worse than it is by claiming he's harrassing people in those tweets. That's all I wanted to say even if I normally only read without posting here. And I'll leave it at that, since this is a community thread and not a place for a lengthy discussion about it anyway.

I was pretty obviously not referring to you then, yeah? No need to break it down for me you aren't the one I'm talking about.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Hey, so I don't post here that often anymore but I've decided it's best to just sign off this site. Thanks to the people who have tried to make the PC community around here work!
Starting to feel this way as well.
Yikes

I won't say anything else, but that tweet is.....Ironic
I gotta be honest here................ all of you one platform diehards are annoying. Half of the PC gamer posts I see in other threads (honestly, this thread isn't as bad) are annoying and condescending, a lot of the PC hardcore gamers come off as complete assholes. This is just as true of the Sony fanboys, the Nintendo fanboys, etc. But it is in the nature of any gaming forum for their to be dumb arguments, misinformation, false narratives, etc. PC gamers seem to be the only people who view this as a personal attack.

I mean you could say the staff should step in. Maybe EGS threads are treated the same as port begging/console wars threads where they are outright banned or moderated heavily. I would actually maybe agree with that.
What the hell did I wake up to... 😕

Well, for now, all I can say is that the staff does care about this community and doesn't want to drive anyone away. You have my word on that.
I literally woke up, checked discord and all this drama about a tweet and some EGS thread

My face was *avatar quote*

I asked a few times why the OP made this thread and what we should discuss in it. No answer.
Holy smokes - I didn't read all pages but I skimmed through halfway and ya...maybe it's a good thing I am not up to date with the stuff that goes around here 😅

Edit: didn't know bronsonlee wasn't a mod anymore ...goes to show you how much in the dark I am in about stuff on this site 😂
Jesus fucking Christ

Thanks to people making me aware of what happened.
So I don't really know what to do in this situation, as I've never been in it. I'm dumbfounded.
As most of you know, and can publicly see through my post history, I'm not racist, stalking, or harassing anyone.

If these things have happened to Bronson, he should take it up with whatever authorities make sense, so those people can be held to account. However my conscious in clean here. I don't why I'm being accused.

I've maybe had 10 interactions as a guess, with Bronson, and they are all public except the below, regarding the closure of a thread. Which I took directly to Bronson, with Jawmuncher in CC, then to JaseC, then to Bdubs, to try and understand the logic. Only JaseC provided a response. Mods can verify.

With the below, you now have literally every comms I've ever had with or regarding Bronson:

H7pMZlt.png

kKmeSPv.png

4RcPI69.jpg

Z3mBdHB.jpg

This is the only thing I can think of, for him to go off on me about. And it still would make no sense vs his allegations.

I read some posts from folk and it seems this is either platform warring related, or EGS related, as I am lumped in as "PC Community". Someone also said "I hate one platform people" or something to that affect. While PC Era / communities is where I spend a a bunch of my forum time and I like a bunch of you, I'm not one plaform only, or one store only, etc. I want and support choice, and playing wherever we want:

- I'm on every platform, I just happen to prefer PC right now and for a long period. My post history shows this plenty along with games I've been playing.
- I support multiple stores, including EGS existence. I've been clear on my dislike of its exclusivity practices, and that I don't have trust in it right now. But, as I've said before, I will be there when it has demonstrated utility, support, functionality and features I look for - much like I am with other services.

That's all I can think of anyway, and I question remaining on this forum at all.

Though I suspect this is what he wants and wants me to be harassed - - for fucking what though? A disagreement about a thread and a storefront? Jesus.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all realize he's accusing you of harassing him on Discord, not ERA, right? Not saying you actually did it I'm just saying that posting stuff from ERA is irrelevant to his claims

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
Most of the mods on this site shit post in EGS threads.

E: I wanted to make sure I got all the context. Dudes twitter is just wrestling, EGS is good, PC gaming is bad over the bit that loaded.

Last edited:

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
I see Sekiro for $38.99 and it's the worst because it's Activision controlling pricing, but whatever

Should I do it, for my birthday?

svacina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, I guess my unspent points from the winter sale do not carry over this time, eh.

Well, fuck that.

Status
Not open for further replies.