Oct 25, 2017
Feign seems like a strong player, and it's kind of like how I am with Monkey where I just don't like tossing those kinds of players out on D1, though I get with him it's a bit different with the role claim stuff, but idk, give them room to breathe for now is my take, if they're Town then Scum are the ones who are worried.

Yeah, Sky is like Aeleus for me in that tier, where I feel good about the majority of their stuff, not likely to vote there from that group, but just in a lesser category for me as of now.

And yeah, I'm gunna go ahead and vote Zeke to get that going I think, see what that brings us.

Vote: EzekelRAGE

I'm more so worried that bodies are just going to start dropping if we don't handle that quick. He comes across as strong, but also disengaged, and I'm not sure if I even trust him with a vig shot if that ATP read was anything to go by.

Aeleus is weird for me because while I feel like I'm reacting to their posts with a lot of "IIIIII don't know about that" they're also not pinging my scum radar at all. Might need to reread them

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
Do you think that Feign is scum? Or do you think that his role poses an imminent threat to town?
This wasn't aimed at me, but after Feign's latest "role update" I feel he's a threat to everyone.
Thing is, if he's scum, they already know how his role actually works and they can take measures to mitigate the risk to themselves. The rest of us are flying blind outside what he reveals, so yeah, I'd say his role poses an imminent risk to town, he's more likely to hit us with it.

If he uses his ability we'll see the outcome and he'll become more of a known quantity.
If he doesn't this is going to hang over us for days.

Still kinda wary about voting for him.
Whole lot of wifom triggering in my head over whether that's what he wants by making himself such a target.

BTW, I've noticed that you haven't been spamming gifs throughout the thread yet. Do you save that enthusiasm for Fate stuff?
Not intentionally, but... yes. I have lots of fate gifs
767835172354785341.png

I have to go looking for MGS ones and don't really want to post something just because I think it looks cool and get overanalysed for it.
p7KB9Fo.gif

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Whole lot of wifom triggering in my head over whether that's what he wants by making himself such a target.
This is kind of my thing with Feign, I don't even know how much of his claim I believe. It feels like a WIFOM-y attention grab, and I read it in a "Bold Townie" kind of way, but that's just kind of the general vibe I've felt from him the whole game too.

Who are your top Town/Scum reads right now btw Ephi? Any idea who you'd want to vote for yet?

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
This is kind of my thing with Feign, I don't even know how much of his claim I believe. It feels like a WIFOM-y attention grab, and I read it in a "Bold Townie" kind of way, but that's just kind of the general vibe I've felt from him the whole game too.

Who are your top Town/Scum reads right now btw Ephi? Any idea who you'd want to vote for yet?
No, and I don't like that I'm starting to feel like I'm running out of time.

Ugh. To try and put something down.

Keep around.
Dr. Monkey|Monkey
Maolfunction|Mao
Neki
nin
Stantastic|Stan

These are the people who I either feel are actuvely towny, or feel are pushing things along, or both.

Actively interested in, need to be alive to give me more.
A Wild Ambulance Appears|Ambulance
Aeleus|Ael
AllThingsPurple|ATP
HPsauce|HP
Faddy
Fanto
FateShirou
SkyOdin
TheChuggernaut|Chugg
-Hawthorn
-Leo

The people that I've played with before and am therefore tricking myself into thinking I can look at more closely.
The ones who are active and talking to each other.
The replacements.

I need more
EzekelRAGE
Lone_Prodigy|LP

The ones I know from experience are literally impossible to do anything with yet but that I would tentatively rather see something from first.

Wary.
Feign
Zem

Already covered Feign.
Still feel weird about Zem.

Not enthused by.
Funky Dude Sparks|Sparkster
jman1954goat|Jman
Ty4on|Ty

Sparks.
Ty4on doing a bunch of talking about Sparks.
And ugh, Jman's entrance was bleh.

Have barely noticed.
Kalor
Kopite
Ynnek7|Kenny
Zippedpinhead|Zipped

This still looks uncomfortably like the activity list I ended up with earlier rather than a read list, honestly
380215094052913152.png

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
This still looks uncomfortably like the activity list I ended up with earlier rather than a read list, honestly
380215094052913152.png
Lol, that happens to me a lot too, especially on D1, and in big games.

I can understand your "not enthused by" list, though your reason for Sparks is exactly why I don't like voting for him on D1 lol, it's very easy to just shrug and go "it's Sparks" and leave it at that whether you're Town or Scum, and it just becomes a very boring wagon at EoD imo. I'd rather see people try to justify things more to get an idea of how they're thinking.

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, that happens to me a lot too, especially on D1, and in big games.

I can understand your "not enthused by" list, though your reason for Sparks is exactly why I don't like voting for him on D1 lol, it's very easy to just shrug and go "it's Sparks" and leave it at that whether you're Town or Scum, and it just becomes a very boring wagon at EoD imo. I'd rather see people try to justify things more to get an idea of how they're thinking.

Yeah I get that, I admitted it would be a lazy vote earlier too.
Seeing the way Eastenders turned out with him there at the end is just kinda fresh in my mind, that's all.

And I'm not really sure voting for someone I've barely noticed would be better, there's still no actual justification there.

At a push, if I were to vote for someone I have actual feelings about right this second it would be Jman.

That really did feel weak earlier, and this doesn't feel like any other game I've watched him play.

... I have to start somewhere, right?

Vote: Jman

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I dunno if I'm just falling into my usual trap of whatever monkey says is right or not, but I'm not getting town vibes from Ambulance at all, like he feels so forced to me this game. Like that ty quote up there just felt like.. I'm still here and look, I am pushing an easily established player that a lot of people have scum read/stated they are happy to vote there today.

The actual contents of his analysis is nothing, its just look at this post don't you agree its bad.

Again maybe I'm seeing things that aren't there but normally Ambulance is so townie it hurts, here.. I'm just not feeling it.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I dunno if I'm just falling into my usual trap of whatever monkey says is right or not, but I'm not getting town vibes from Ambulance at all, like he feels so forced to me this game. Like that ty quote up there just felt like.. I'm still here and look, I am pushing an easily established player that a lot of people have scum read/stated they are happy to vote there today.

The actual contents of his analysis is nothing, its just look at this post don't you agree its bad.

Again maybe I'm seeing things that aren't there but normally Ambulance is so townie it hurts, here.. I'm just not feeling it.

I agree with you.

Good morning 🌅 folks. Let's start with this vote of mine which is based off the feelings I got while reading through the thread.

Vote: Feign

Sorry but the way you played and reacted aswell as interacted with other players just left me with a bad feeling. I believe that you might not me mafia but while reading through your posts I got the impression that you're a neutral with a different win condition than the rest of us town players. We can talk about it but I doubt my vote will change.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
one of my main hunches was also the two part question that Feign asked Monkey. She did not really respond to the first part and Feign, even though i got the impression that they are very capable players, just swayed away and did not follow up. That and the above put me into the position to vote for them

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Weird players that i will keep an eye though are the following.

TheChuggernaut: After initially being kinda tamed town, went right into being his old self. why was he initially weird? Sorry i cannot put it into words and will look for examples to strenghten my point.

A wild Ambulance: Like others already said, usually a very vocal player who seems restrained this time around. What is going on ?

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Oh and Ofc Monkey. She makes posts but they dont really have any weight. I mean i read 900 words from her but at the end of the day it was 50 words of content filled into those papers. NOt my cup of tea but not enough to scream OMG its SCUM. More like. Hmmmmmmmmmm. Interesting. But not interesting enough to bother. I hope you know what i mean, coffee is starting to kick in.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
attempt to bait Feign haven't struck me as particularly Townie moves.
We should all be baiting feign.

This is a specific question for a reason

I need him to answer my flavor questions because it might be possible for me to clear him of some suspicion or confirm he is suspicious based on what his exact role is.

Feign gonna ask again

1. give us your role name.

2. What is the name of the command you enter that can kill people?

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
That role fishing of yours is not really a good look mate

Added you to the list.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Feign's an odd one, but he had enough towncred before his roleclaim that I doubt he decided to suddenly throw that away while being scum/neutral. I think it's more likely an attempt to draw scum to NK him (either because he has a PR that can retaliate or a very weak PR (makes sense since he mentioned he dislikes this role) and he wants to protect more useful townies). So I don't see myself voting there, that being said I would very much want to avoid voting along with him.

Jman's flip flopped on the Stan vote, which for most players would be a scumtell but this feels more like the usual not well thought out jman town gambit to me. I think their relative quietness is more troubling

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
Feeling like explicitly asking someone for gameplay explanations of their role seems in bad taste to me.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
That role fishing of yours is not really a good look mate

Added you to the list.
Feeling like explicitly asking someone for gameplay explanations of their role seems in bad taste to me.
This is not random fishing. This is triggered by the things Feign hinted about his role.

Things feign said lead me to believe you all are going to really want to hear how his role works.

Role fishing is not the wrong play 100% of the time.

Trust me on this one this is a special circumstance we're all of town should be fishing Feign together.

I think town is gonna gain more relevant info than mafia here. (Most likely.)

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
If Feign's scum/neutral he's in a great spot after yesterday, he was making a lot of people's town lists. Why throw that away with a polarising roleclaim?

What putt me.off was your comment saying that if other see him as town, you just take it as granted.

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

Feign (3 votes)
jman1954goat - #977
TheChuggernaut - #1,045
nin - #1,062

Ty4on (2 votes)
A Wild Ambulance Appears - #749
TheChuggernaut - #852 #1,045
Neki - #1,013

TheChuggernaut (1 votes)
A Wild Ambulance Appears - #158 #749
AllThingsPurple - #929

EzekelRAGE (1 votes)
Fanto - #1,046

Maolfunction (1 votes)
EzekelRAGE - #721

Ynnek7 (1 votes)
Zem - #960

Lone_Prodigy (1 votes)
FateShirou - #568
Fanto - #737 #1,046

nin (1 votes)
Stantastic - #613

jman1954goat (1 votes)
Ephidel - #1,058

Zippedpinhead (1 votes)
Dr. Monkey - #399

Kalor (1 votes)
Maolfunction - #640

Funky Dude Sparks (1 votes)
AllThingsPurple - #138 #929
Aeleus - #465

Stantastic (0 votes)
jman1954goat - #731 #733

Dr. Monkey (0 votes)
Fanto - #140 #737

Zem (0 votes)
Maolfunction - #239 #640

Not voting: Faddy, Ynnek7, Lone_Prodigy, Zippedpinhead, Hawthorn, SkyOdin, Leo, Kopite, Kalor, Feign, HPsauce, Ty4on, Funky Dude Sparks

Post Counts:
TheChuggernaut: 163 Dr. Monkey: 111 Maolfunction: 106 nin: 99 Feign: 77 AllThingsPurple: 69 FateShirou: 68 Funky Dude Sparks: 65 Stantastic: 57 Fanto: 52 Faddy: 44 Ty4on: 42 A Wild Ambulance Appears: 37 Aeleus: 31 Zem: 30 Ephidel: 25 EzekelRAGE: 21 Neki: 19 jman1954goat: 19 SkyOdin: 16 LaunchpadMcQ: 12 Lone_Prodigy: 11 Hawthorn: 11 Kopite: 11 Zippedpinhead: 10 HPsauce: 9 Ynnek7: 8 Stuart444: 6 Kalor: 5 Leo: 3

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
There is a little more in this post than I remembered, but I feel like if Aeleus is town there has to be some more thoughts behind this since Sparks had been posting in the early game.
Like you're currently basing reads off of who's voting on Sparks and I feel like I had to drag that out of you. And sure if Sparks is town that is an easy spot for scum to hide, but it's currently two votes on him and it's Sparks so I don't know if scum parks there if they don't have to. There's better targets for mis kills than Sparks.
The Sparks vote is what I don't like, but compared to the other players on that tier, I felt like I'd need to hear a good reason to float my vote that way at EoD still.
All right, the truth then. You're right about one thing Ty4on, I do have thoughts and need votes, wanna know why?

"I have a dream"

That one day every player in this game will control their own destiny, a game of the TRULY free dammit, a game of ACTIONS not words. Won by STRENGTH not commitee. Where the read changes to suit the individual, not the other way around. Where votes and elimination are back where they belong: in the hands of the people! Where every person is free to think --to post-- for themself!

Fuck all these limp-dick town leaders and chick-shit coasters. Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of shitposts and shade. Fuck "being in a tunnel" Fuck pointless ISOs. Fuck all of it!

This community is diseased. Rotten to the core. There's no saving it, we need to pull it out by it's roots. Wipe the slate clean. BURN IT DOWN! And from the ashes a new MafiERA will be born. Evolved, but untamed! The weak will be voted, and the strong will thrive, free to post as they see fit, they'll make this community great again!

In case you still don't get it, I'm using a vote on Sparks to get him eliminated... so I can end talking about Sparks as a distraction!

In my new MafiERA, people will die and vote for what they BELIEVE! Not for town reads. Not for the fear of standing out! Not for what they're told is right. Every person will be free to fight their own wars!

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
All right, the truth then. You're right about one thing Ty4on, I do have thoughts and need votes, wanna know why?

"I have a dream"

That one day every player in this game will control their own destiny, a game of the TRULY free dammit, a game of ACTIONS not words. Won by STRENGTH not commitee. Where the read changes to suit the individual, not the other way around. Where votes and elimination are back where they belong: in the hands of the people! Where every person is free to think --to post-- for themself!

Fuck all these limp-dick town leaders and chick-shit coasters. Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of shitposts and shade. Fuck "being in a tunnel" Fuck pointless ISOs. Fuck all of it!

This community is diseased. Rotten to the core. There's no saving it, we need to pull it out by it's roots. Wipe the slate clean. BURN IT DOWN! And from the ashes a new MafiERA will be born. Evolved, but untamed! The weak will be voted, and the strong will thrive, free to post as they see fit, they'll make this community great again!

In case you still don't get it, I'm using a vote on Sparks to get him eliminated... so I can end talking about Sparks as a distraction!

In my new MafiERA, people will die and vote for what they BELIEVE! Not for town reads. Not for the fear of standing out! Not for what they're told is right. Every person will be free to fight their own wars!

giphy.gif

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
What putt me.off was your comment saying that if other see him as town, you just take it as granted.
No that's not what I said, his actions responding to wider perception is why I townread him. Scum cares a lot more about perception as opposed to town who are much more comfortable shaking things up to get to the truth. Feign was widely perceived to be town, and they didn't have to mess with that perception if they're scum.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom

"I have a dream"

giphy.gif

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, so you see all these posts about Feign saying "Why would scum or neutral do this? He must be town."

Yeah, that's why you fucking do it.

With those two posts he has both made sure he won't be voted out and that scum will most likely leave him alone.

I'm cool with voting Ty and if we're all really not feeling it then fine, but I REALLY think we're better off pulling this band-aid off now before people start blowing up.

It's a WIFOM situation, but why would scum be like "hey everyone I have this power that is super important for the scum team, maybe you should kill me today before I have the chance to use it". It of course could have the effect of people thinking he isn't scum because of that, but would still be a bold as heck move to make especially because he's a new player and no one would vote him out D1 if he just kept quiet.

He could even want to do it, but his scum team wouldn't let him because they knew a new player wouldn't get lunched D1 and he would be free to use whatever his power is.

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
I thought I'd check the vote tool before I went to bed and no one but jman moved to Feign after all that?

Because Chugg has correctly figured out my role is more equivalent to a bomb, which I thought was obvious, but idk. I've said from the start I'd explain things later in the day, because each bit of information is going to make it harder for scum to not attempt to kill me.

I see Chugg did vote me after you pointed this out. ;)

I want to be clear about something, though, so:

Before i go to bed, i will give my thoughts on the Feign claim

1. it was unprompted, there was no pressure for a role claim
2. the role claim of a vig day 1 is pretty rare
3. the claim was done because feign must be able to survive a scum fraction kill
4. maybe they could be a trigger to another role, claiming now that they wont be around for a next few hours could have been done to avoid another person activating their role

my only guess is that its two people in one body, this could be a liquid snake/ocelot situation

3. I absolutely will not survive a scum kill. The problem is anyone that targets me at night will die if my daykill powers were active. It would be easy enough for me to hide that if I joined a train and killed someone that had the majority vote, but my power isn't a 100% sure thing and it could kill someone else. Me voting for someone alone allows me to kill them, but the second it happens I am out in the open regardless.

Basically, two things are true here:

1. The role is heavily incentivized to claim so town isn't confused when things happen.

2. Mafia REALLY need to prioritize killing me during the day and not at night, where they'll need to wifom whether to use a roleblocker to safely kill me or focus on a potential cop. They could just kill me, but I am 100% using my powers on Day 1. I haven't voted yet because once I do and my vote is active, I can't switch players, only defuse which leaves me open.

I actually don't mind if I'm voted off today, because it'll reveal a lot of information. Mafia know I'm at the very least not with them. My powers are close enough to what a serial killer could be in a Metal Gear mafia game, so they feel comfortable enough going after me openly as it gives them a way to not fake mafia reads. Reread Day 1 and see who started pushing neutral as the most immediate threat and how quickly that escalated.

Honestly, at thee sites I played I would have been killed for my opening post, but there's a wealth of info there if you know each others meta. I don't, which is my biggest problem right now.

Do you think that Feign is scum? Or do you think that his role poses an imminent threat to town?

Yes. As I've said multiple times.

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
It's a WIFOM situation, but why would scum be like "hey everyone I have this power that is super important for the scum team, maybe you should kill me today before I have the chance to use it". It of course could have the effect of people thinking he isn't scum because of that, but would still be a bold as heck move to make especially because he's a new player and no one would vote him out D1 if he just kept quiet.

He could even want to do it, but his scum team wouldn't let him because they knew a new player wouldn't get lunched D1 and he would be free to use whatever his power is.

For instance, this is a decently townish post because it's considering the possibility of my play as mafia, something mafia know I'm not and are more likely to push the neutral reading of my claims. Especially if I was previously being read as town. Mafia now needs to come up with an explanation for why I don't come off as teamed but should still be killed. Is it enough for me to confirm Leo? God no, lol, I look for people who suspect me of being mafia to soft confirm town. This could easily be pocketing.

Also hi, hello. I'm new here, but not a new player. Not by a longshot. I'll leave most of the details blank for now. Gotta establish a new meta for myself since it's been so long. But I am always actively thinking about how my play will be interpreted for the next game when I flip and how to manipulate with that. I am town, but when I flip town this play will help me of and when I'm scum. It won't be the same play, but the spirit of it will be there. You'll see a pattern soon enough.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
No that's not what I said, his actions responding to wider perception is why I townread him. Scum cares a lot more about perception as opposed to town who are much more comfortable shaking things up to get to the truth. Feign was widely perceived to be town, and they didn't have to mess with that perception if they're scum.

Thanks for clarifying

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Catching up from over night

Feigns roleclaim is not great and extremely unneeded. Though I was sort of expecting it whenever they claimed a passive for no reason near the start of the day. I believe it, and think the ideas that they're a neutral unlikely for now. Though it's either town or neutral. There was no reason to claim when they were being town read prior to that role reveal. I'm slightly skeptical of some of the players who've been more vocally against Feign post reveal since obviously scum would want to get rid of that role quicker. Some of JMans fishing for additional information struck me the wrong way, and since I don't have a vote active

Vote: Jman

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
Feign so you plant bombs correct?

Not...exactly.

You asked for my role PM earlier. I won't quote my powers, but I can give you the name and flavor text:

Welcome,

You are Gray Fox the Day Vigilante

You are aligned with the Good Guys (That's the TOWN).

You may not have a name (well.. you do, but hey it made for cool dialogue) [redacted] You also have the ability to vote.

You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.

I don't actually know metal gear so I don't know the significance of my character. I do know that I am not afraid of dying if it helps town.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Not...exactly.

You asked for my role PM earlier. I won't quote my powers, but I can give you the name and flavor text:

Welcome,

You are Gray Fox the Day Vigilante

You are aligned with the Good Guys (That's the TOWN).

You may not have a name (well.. you do, but hey it made for cool dialogue) [redacted] You also have the ability to vote.

You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.

I don't actually know metal gear so I don't know the significance of my character. I do know that I am not afraid of dying if it helps town.
Thanks for the response.

Unvote

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Damn man. I do not feel good about the fact how persistent jman1954goat is about asking Feign about their role and then plainly almost fully giving away their role. But several posts earlier they said they would leave some blanks. More questions

Hawthorn

Jul 16, 2020
I'm not seeing whatever people are seeing with Ty4on at all. I'm willing to be convinced, but so far it seems pretty random.

In a sense, the train against Feign is similar to the earlier-proposed voted against Sparks. If Feign is anti-town, it seems likely that he's a neutral, not mafia. So if he flips as a dangerous neutral, it'll be good that he's gone, but bad that we can't look back over D1 votes very helpfully, since mafia and town both could easily genuinely also want Feign gone. Similarly, the Sparks issue seems to be that in the last game his play could be described as pretty anti-town (although he seems like a very sweet and nice person!) so a vote against him falls into the category of "not saying he's mafia, but there are other good reasons to want him gone". A category in which it's easy for mafia votes to shelter. But also a category for which.. there's good reasons to want them gone. So, I'm not saying I wouldn't vote for either of these people, I guess I'd prefer to attempt to strike at mafia, but not seeing Ty4on yet.

Hi, Haw! Always a pleasure playing with you :) you aren't scum, are you??

I wish! XD

Unfortunately, I have no ability to do a full reads list. On D2 I'll attempt to have at least thoughts on all the 20-something players, but it's too much for me right now, especially replacing in halfway through the day. Assuming of course that I don't get killed tonight. Maybe I'd better save just in case. Blargonaut

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Flavour is flavour but who am i to learn from my mistakes,
Gray Fox does fits the role Veteran aspect of the role Feigns describing.