Status
Not open for further replies.

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018

A wild infrastructure week approaches!

So, it's that time again. But for real this time? Maybe?

Dems are currently trying to get a bipartisan infrastructure deal passed, with the hopes of passing a larger infrastructure plan for reconciliation afterwards. At the same time this is happening, the House has begun January 6th insurrection commission hearings. Voting rights is still up in the air, the filibuster is still in effect, Trump is still banned from Twitter and Facebook, and the GOP can't make up their mind on the pandemic vaccines. Oh, and the GOP have decided that Ben & Jerry's is horrible. To the point where Florida governor Ron DeSantis and Texas governor Greg Abbott have threatened to sanction them. No, really. Last but not least, Sinema and Manchin continue to be a pain in the ass. But you probably knew all this already.

Now, I'm not the same person that usually creates these (that would be TheHunter, so if they're around and want to do the next one when that time comes, please feel free to do so). In fact, I've never even made a thread on Era at all until now. But I'll keep with the tradition of previous PoliEra OTs, with a new reminder added due to events in the previous thread:

DISCORD SERVER:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Reminders:

1) This thread isn't a venting ground for ResetEra threads you don't like.
2) This thread isn't a Twitter feed or live TV comment feed, provide context (as in tweet text or a video link/some attempt at transcription, respectively) for what you post.
3) Try not to let optimism or pessimism about an upcoming election get to you too much.
4) Ignore these reminders at your own peril.

How we got here:

US PoliEra 2021 |OT 2| Manchin Sinematic Universe
US PoliEra 2021 |OT 1| ResetUSA
US PoliEra 2020 |OT11| Biden our time until Jan 20th
US PoliEra 2020 |OT10| One Last 2020, for the road.
US PoliEra 2020 |OT9| Rashida Tlaib 2 : Vote This Motherfucker Out
US PoliEra 2020 |OT8| Do it for Her
US PoliEra 2020 |OT7| Good Trouble
US PoliEra 2020 |OT6| I will not be closing this thread when the second wave hits.
US PoliEra 2020 |OT5| Guidance recommends quarantining PoliERA
US PoliEra 2020 |OT4| Disaster Voltron
US PoliEra 2020 |OT3| "I think he's learned his lesson" says The Concerned Immoderate Darling Collins.
US PoliEra 2020 |OT 2| Dershowitz says "Qui Pro Quo on the Go?"
US PoliEra 2020 |OT 1| THE ANTI BENGHAZI
US PoliEra 2019 |OT11| MOTHERFUCKER IMPEACHED
US PoliEra 2019 |OT10| Go Absent Yourself
US PoliEra 2019 |OT9| I'm really glad I'm not on Twitter nearly enough to understand all the references
US PoliEra 2019 |OT8| WHITE HOUSE ADMITS TO QUID PRO QUO WITH UKRAINE
US PoliEra 2019 |OT7| It's happening
US PoliEra 2019 |OT6| Have You Hurd About These GOP Retirements?
US PoliEra 2019 |OT5| She's got a plan for that, now sashay away
US PoliEra 2019 |OT4| Folded like a DOG
US PoliEra 2019 |OT3| YOU WERE AT MY WEDDING, DENISE
US PoliEra 2019 |OT2| #President Pelosi
US PoliERA 2019 |OT1| You down wit' NDP? (Yeah you know me!) Who's down wit' AOC? (This whole party!)
US PoliERA 2018 |OT13| And now the fun starts
US PoliERA 2018 |OT12| The Moscow Project
US PoliERA 2018 |OT11| The Hunt for Blue November
US PoliERA 2018 |OT10| McConnell is "mule piss"
US PoliERA 2018 |OT9| Next week has been EXHAUSTING
US PoliERA 2018 |OT8| Democrats projected to gain F5 seats
US PoliERA 2018 |OT7| Tell Me The Bad Things That Happened Since I Fell Asleep
US PoliERA 2018 |OT6| An Unmitigated Disaster
US PoliERA 2018 |OT5| A Total Goat Rodeo
US PoliERA 2018 |OT4| Sweetheart, this is Watergate, goodbye!
US PoliERA 2018 |OT3| In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Ryan
US PoliEra 2018 |OT2| Flip, Flip, Flip-a-Gatesia
US PoliEra 2018 |OT| Welcome to the Resistance, the only funded organization in D.C.
US PoliEra 2017 |OT3| This thread was created with a one vote margin
US PoliEra 2017 |OT2| Tinkle Traitor Soldier Spy
US PoliEra 2017 |OT| At least Rand Paul had a lawn to cushion the blow

Joe-Manchin-senator-OTS.png

Last edited:

Erpy

May 31, 2018
Imagine your boss giving you a performance review and "Needs to instigate less Capitol insurrection" was written in the Opportunities for Improvement column.

Given that Brooks' boss is more or less his voting base back home, I'm not sure the "instigating insurrection"-thing would be in that particular column.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Only the third OT this whole year. The third OT in previous years started in February.

awesome.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
So when's the infrastructure vote that was supposed to be last Wednesday and then supposed to be Monday?

Deleted member 171

Oct 25, 2017
Will honestly be curious how far it goes with Brooks, and other officials that were involved.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Is this the same suit that he was hiding from and the subpoena was delivered to his wife, after which he threw a hissy fit?

GardenPepper

Oct 28, 2017
Fantastic OP!

As for the Trump endorsements, he continues to maintain a terrible record. If he's not on the ticket, good luck getting his cult followers to show up, especially while he is deplatformed.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
"Martha, just come up fast. Fast. Fast. Come on. Quick. You got one minute! One minute, Martha! They don't want to hear this, Martha. Come on. Let's go. Quick, quick, quick. Come on. Let's go!"

Donald's name is good for fleecing the cult via fundraising emails and text messages, though.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
If trump ain't on the ticket, his supporters don't show up.
I hope the rest of the GOP wake up to this fact before they keep bending their knee to him.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
New day, new thread! Is it finally Infrastructure Week™️?

Last edited:

Darkstar0155

Oct 27, 2017
If trump ain't on the ticket, his supporters don't show up.
I hope the rest of the GOP wake up to this fact before they keep bending their knee to him.
On one hand.. its be best for the country of Republicans finally treated trump like the wanna be dictator he is and a threat to democracy..

On the other hand if it means big gains for Democrats that's a good thing (big IF there)

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018

Glad to see this. We need a lot more of this stuff nationwide, no matter how much whining there is from the anti-vax crowd.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
Is there a schedule for who is testifying in the January 6th hearings? I really can't wait to hear from the people higher up the chain of command who wouldn't send in the National Guard.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
The house goes into recess in August. They said yesterday they would be meeting and announce the next round of hearing in the next few days, possibly returning for them during the recess. I doubt another hearing happens for a few weeks.

shadow_shogun

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017

Daniella Diaz
@DaniellaMicaela
When asked by @frankthorp about @GOPLeader's criticism of the mask mandate being reinstated in the House, @SpeakerPelosi responds as she's getting in her SUV: "He's such a moron."

Last edited:

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Only the third OT this whole year. The third OT in previous years started in February.

awesome.
That's nothing, in 2014 (an election year!) on Ye Olde Place we only had two threads, and the first one only started four months into the year because everyone was still using the last one from 2013.

If that doesn't go to show you how thoroughly disinterested everyone was in politics during the 2014 midterms.

GardenPepper

Oct 28, 2017
I keep hearing GOP say "It's against science" and yet haven't seen them produce any "science" that proves their point.

wesker83

Dec 3, 2018

And what is the ETA of some GOP house members on the news shows talking about Nancy's lack of decorum or civility? I mean you know it is going to happen now, its almost like Pelosi likes screwing with them like this. The Democrats will be talking about terrorists storming the capital and the GOP will be screaming about her calling someone a moron and they just look like clowns.

Darkstar0155

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair I havent seen any good peer reviewed science on the effectiveness of masks. It makes sense, and I'm not against it, i just havent seen any peer reviewed research on it either way.

GardenPepper

Oct 28, 2017
MTG already rejected the mask offered her by a staffer today, so let the hysterical theater hissing fits begin!

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018

It's infrastructure week!! Let's get this show on the road.

Edit: Confirmed

Last edited:

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
56ish at the moment, but I suspect that some more will be on board once they release the current proposal

"I haven't looked at it at all"

What exactly is it these Republicans do all day? They don't see hearings, read proposals, talk about legislation. How do they fill their hours at Congress?

Status
Not open for further replies.