CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We had one of our scum plant a message on a town who then coincidentally had an action that coincided with the message, giving a town confirmation to one of our scum's fake role claims while the rest of us continued to reek havoc among town, leading to our single remaining scum riding that green check to a win.
I'm trying to wrap my head around if Zeke could plan getting green check on making my kill seem like a crazy claim and watch me be feasted on as he got an apparent check (assuming he's scum), but he responded fucking fast. Same page, like 2 posts after me. So...

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to wrap my head around if Zeke could plan getting green check on making my kill seem like a crazy claim and watch me be feasted on as he got an apparent check (assuming he's scum), but he responded fucking fast. Same page, like 2 posts after me. So...
No no, the "both of you" theory would have been a maple street gambit by killing one of you and confirming the other, but that would require a scum vig so I tossed it

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
I really can't tell who's lying and who isn't. Obviously one of them is, but neither of them have really pinged my scum radar. I probably wouldn't vote either one of them today until we have more info, they're either town v town or scum v town, there's no way this is scum v scum.

Probably going to vote outside of this situation today

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Oops I missed CS neutral claim

There's no way a neutral is good, I change my stance

Vote: CoolestSpot

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm shocked that CS was lying, shocked!

I'm not sure if we should lynch CS today or not. Town win condition mentions getting rid of all threats to town so we'll need to get rid of them eventually.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
vote: funky dude sparks

Like this will change the course of history, but putting the lynch where my money is

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Anyways, while lunching CS might be the best way to clear up Zeke at this point and his own claim, I'm not really feeling voting there because he already has plenty of votes on him at this point.

Instead I'll propose an alternative train Vote: Funky Dude Sparks.

It's kind of hilariously really. I started the day with this vote, and i even said I was probably not going to vote here because he seemed like an easy target, but that vote on CS just now and the facts given by Fran (may he rest in peace) before his death have given me enough reason to vote there for now at least.

Hell, Fran pointed out that when he's scum he worries about how others read him while he doesn't when he's town and he made this post

When I was the only vote on him and others were merely talking about wanting him out at some point when he's hard to read.

Yeah but what makes you think he's scum enough to vote him

All you're doing here is jumping on Fran's read

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As for those just wanting to rush to kill me in general, I want to say I always appericate a
338133-21029-125892-1-lynch-mob.jpg

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but what makes you think he's scum enough to vote him

All you're doing here is jumping on Fran's read
dude literally voted for me after disappearing, dipped again, and hasn't said anything since

If anything he's being obvious scum and hiding being a forgone kill of the day situation with an easy out if pressured about it

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
gotta go feed my animals, will be back before EoD. I'm contemplating a Soneji vote, mostly because the jump on Fran's scum count post just still feels so weird. It's not much, but at this point I don't know that I agree with a CoolestSpot vote. I'd check the votes, but I keep getting a 502 gateway error.

back in a bit

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
dude literally voted for me after disappearing, dipped again, and hasn't said anything since

If anything he's being obvious scum and hiding being a forgone kill of the day situation with an easy out if pressured about it

"Obvious scum"? Can you point at something that justifies that statement?

Soneji

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Coolest play has been extremely questionable (way before the day vig claim) and then he pops up with a vote on me for no reason. D1 often ends with town lunches, but even if CS ends up being town it's a good lunch. If his flip verifies his claim it can support the idea that Zeke fake claimed as well to blend in with town.

vote: CoolestSpot
His flip going by what he had said at this point is some kind of neutral role, so why would it mean that Zeke is fake claiming? Why would scum ever fake claim/counterclaim there? This seems like you're setting up for a Zeke lynch tomorrow, and with as shoddy reasoning as this it comes off scummy.

Do you agree that either yours or zeke's flip gives town the most info now?

Don't really have too much on other players, when catching up on the thread I was feeling good about Fran's long post and they weren't feeling too good about Soneji and now that Fran's confirmed I'd keep a closer eye there. I don't think Fanto is doing any overly suspicious
This is blatantly false :

Now lets look at reactions about this:

- Soneji:

Soneji was the first that questioned my reaction to the list and his questions seems sincere. He is giving the list a more serious tone than a list done in less than 24hs into the game should have but I don't see malicious intent behind it. At least not for the first 2 posts. Now it seems that he thinks that he made some big revelation or something and is trying to push it, but he is just wrong. I would say town.

The ones he thought were scum from that post were Nin and Sparks.

VOTE: Kopite

Everyone who was here, talking, and failed to notice the modpost of PLEASE WAIT and then seem surprised that someone got shot all look suspicious to me
What is suspicious about their reactions?

Soneji, Rac and nin were the first ones to really go for Fran over the "scum team size" post. The Soneji/rac exchange feels weird:

it just feels kind of unnecessary. Like Soneji is talking about Fran being on the list and then rac's post is basically "no need to defend me I got this", but... Soneji wasn't? Like what
It was weird to me to, I was confused why he thought I was defending him but mostly wrote it off as some quirk, hence my "fight against what" response that is missing from here.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Classic Bae scum move. Pretend not to know what's going on, come in late to the party, drop a half-out-of-touch fake Post.
Sadly I fully agree with this assessment. Her follow up posts didn't inspire confidence either. The focus on Loki feels like a pocket attempt as well. Her read list post from earlier also felt like pocketing me and repeating some of my own early thoughts as well. Having never seen her Town game, it's hard to say whether she's just like this naturally or not, but having seen her as Scum twice, I can say there's nothing about her that seems different than those games yet.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

CoolestSpot (7 votes)
Fantomas - #226 #402
Fantomas - #746
Turmoil7 - #769
Stuart444 - #775
Kopite - #803
Funky Dude Sparks - #844
EzekelRAGE - #854
Pirate Bae - #909

Funky Dude Sparks (3 votes)
lokiduck - #125 #425
Fran - #651 #700
Stuart444 - #652 #723
Turmoil7 - #730 #756
lokiduck - #857
rac - #912
CoolestSpot - #914

Kopite (1 votes)
lokiduck - #461 #857
CoolestSpot - #770 #807
Soneji - #923

absolutbro (1 votes)
absolutbro - #354 #384
absolutbro - #384 #805
Kalor - #646

nin (1 votes)
Fantomas - #126 #202
Stuart444 - #128 #339
Turmoil7 - #145 #256
nin - #342
Fantomas - #402 #454

Soneji (1 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #624

Fantomas (1 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #412 #418
weemadarthur - #794

Stuart444 (1 votes)
Stantastic - #189 #569
Fantomas - #524 #535
Stantastic - #660
Turmoil7 - #663 #730
Turmoil7 - #756 #769

Kalor (1 votes)
Z-Beat - #224
Turmoil7 - #280 #308
Kitsunelaine - #386 #399
Turmoil7 - #392 #663

Turmoil7 (0 votes)
Stuart444 - #339 #652
Funky Dude Sparks - #357 #587
Kitsunelaine - #399 #412

Stantastic (0 votes)
Turmoil7 - #256 #280
lokiduck - #425 #441
weemadarthur - #501 #794

Fran (0 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #259 #386
weemadarthur - #414 #501
Kitsunelaine - #418 #624
Fantomas - #535 #692
Funky Dude Sparks - #588 #844
EzekelRAGE - #628 #854
CoolestSpot - #763 #770

Z-Beat (0 votes)
Fantomas - #454 #524

lokiduck (0 votes)
lokiduck - #441 #461
CoolestSpot - #487 #763

Lone_Prodigy (0 votes)
Fantomas - #202 #226
Fantomas - #692 #746

Kitsunelaine (0 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #127 #259
Stantastic - #569 #660
Soneji - #614 #923

Pirate Bae (0 votes)
weemadarthur - #177 #414
Turmoil7 - #308 #392

Not voting: absolutbro, Lone_Prodigy

Post Counts:
CoolestSpot: 96 lokiduck: 88 Fantomas: 81 Turmoil7: 70 Kitsunelaine: 62 Stuart444: 52 weemadarthur: 51 Funky Dude Sparks: 40 absolutbro: 36 Stantastic: 33 Fran: 28 Z-Beat: 28 EzekelRAGE: 27 rac: 23 Pirate Bae: 22 nin: 16 Soneji: 15 Kopite: 11 Kalor: 8 Lone_Prodigy: 7

Current Countdown:
tqldq845gt

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What is suspicious about their reactions?
1. One of them was probably responsible and just hanging around trying to seem nonchalant
2. Nobody even noticed the modpost, which i'm....unclear if we're supposed to post when these things happen, but i thought....maybe we're not? I wasn't awake yet so i'm not reacting in real time to it.
3. I don't buy they ALL failed to see it and were surprised a player died. I think some ppl were hanging around in scumthread and then pretended not to be keeping up.

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Classic Bae scum move. Pretend not to know what's going on, come in late to the party, drop a half-out-of-touch fake Post.

AB has improved in my opinions, PB has not. Kopite has not. Soneji seems townish. Nin is vacant, no clues there.
I mean I'm juggling this and like 5 other things so *shrug*

Soneji

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
1. One of them was probably responsible and just hanging around trying to seem nonchalant
So you think someone other than Zeke/CS was the killer, or that one of them is scum and the killer?

2. Nobody even noticed the modpost, which i'm....unclear if we're supposed to post when these things happen, but i thought....maybe we're not? I wasn't awake yet so i'm not reacting in real time to it.
I don't see how that is scummy. If any of them were scum responsible they would know it's coming and are more likely to stop posting, then continue doing so ignoring the mod.

3. I don't buy they ALL failed to see it and were surprised a player died. I think some ppl were hanging around in scumthread and then pretended not to be keeping up.
A host posting to wait isn't a guarantee of a player kill, and usually uncommon on a d1 especially for a day vig to happen. I don't see a scum motivation here, given we had people come forward as the killer/s.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
We need to kill the neutral eventually. It provides an easy cover but we always risk CS lying about their role, and I doubt the momentum will shift towards another candidate.

Vote: CoolestSpot

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Part of me wants a kopite vote with how cagey I think he's been, but having never played with him it could just be his play style (also he said he's sick, feel better dude). Would wait. Not feeling much better about rac, but at least there's something to read there unlike L_P and to a lesser extent Kalor. Feeling better about Soneji though. Sparks I'm ambivalent on; yeah his votes are usually just unsupported solo posts, but I dunno, feels like too easy of a fallback vote for just that.

I would vote for Nin, but he said he wouldn't be here EoD so he can't really defend himself. His defense of Stu, who made no attempt to defend himself even (and why would he, he admitted it was a joke post), just feels like someone trying to start pocketing someone.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So you think someone other than Zeke/CS was the killer, or that one of them is scum and the killer?

I don't see how that is scummy. If any of them were scum responsible they would know it's coming and are more likely to stop posting, then continue doing so ignoring the mod.

A host posting to wait isn't a guarantee of a player kill, and usually uncommon on a d1 especially for a day vig to happen. I don't see a scum motivation here, given we had people come forward as the killer/s.
/shrug
If my enjoyment of mafia was predicated on people agreeing with my conclusions, I'd never have any fun.

i know y'all only keep me around for my decorative value. And that's ok.

i don't want to move my vote. Fanto seems untown from his overreaction to one person suspecting him, to his attempts to sheep me and pocket me later. I won't be surprised by any flip from CS, if he's a vanilla town, everyone will say "then why did he" and it'll be another day one where the strange behavior is punished rather than pure scumhunting.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Just to update my feels list from earlier:

TOWN
Zeke
Z-Beat
Loki
Wee
Turm
Rac
Soneji

AB
Stan
Kalor
Nin
Stu
Bae
Kits

LP
Sparks
Kopite
Coolest
SCUM

That's where my thoughts are as we approach EoD now I suppose. Coolest at the bottom only because he's claimed as a Neutral and I'd like to take him out today. Otherwise I'd probably be voting Kopite or Sparks. I haven't mentioned Kopite much, but he had found himself in my PoE from earlier, and now I would say I definitely agree with Soneji's thoughts on his posts above.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Im up for once.
Im still a page behind and need to head out but from what iv read im def down for a CS lunch.

Killing the tunnel hed already worked himself into sounds very Zeke, and taking credit for the kill to create a mess sounds very CS.

Wont vote because turbo but yeah. Fire away yall.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
My Process of Elimination pool. I usually work out who I think is Town first, or who I wouldn't want to vote for at the least, and then when I see who is left from there, well, that's the Process of Elimination.
ah, derp. friends have been trying to get me into Path of Exile, so that's all I can think of when I see PoE.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Meh, we're under an hour left and I'm doubting much is going to change. Do we just want to end this?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CS this is either a gambit gone wrong or scum is putting in work to make sure that triple kill happens.

Also sorry I'm not keeping up. I'm out running errands

turmoil7

Community Resettler - Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Like, I still think this is a stupid gambit and CS is town but I am pissed at it

Does somebody want a surprise lunch elsewhere?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Kopite is the only surprise vote I would be down to move to.

And oh boy what if I just made it oh so tempting by doing something like this:

Vote: Kopite

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Coolest isn't lying about being neutral, and if he can kill town then he obviously shouldn't be kept around. No need for the faux concern about it being easy.

Analyzing the reactions around the mod post and Fran's death is really stretching it. Scum would just be as surprised as anyone else that someone day shot Fran... Unless the day shot was from scum.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
meh, here

Vote: Kopite

I kind of feel bad since most of my reasons are kind of nitpicky and it could easily just be that I've never played with Kopite before.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Mentioning Coolest as a scum double voter made me think... Use it early to get town cred and coast until the end. Scum vig seems abnormal for a game like this, and almost seems wasteful when you can hold onto it to take out a claimed PR with doctor protection. But this is Zeke we're talking about.