• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck it, not going to risk it

Sorry Hawthorn but i want to give the thread some time to breathe.

DONT VOTE HAWTHORN SINCE SHE IS MY LOVER!
Confirmed. Nin and I will both die if one of us dies. Now both of us will probably die tonight, unfortunately. Let no one say that I'm good at playing town. Going into my meeting now, I'll see you all in the nintendo night.
The timing of the confirmation, too, when Hawthorn keeps saying she's getting pulled into a meeting... it's fishy.

We killed a scum, we're in a position to take a risk and the presence of unconfirmed alignment lovers in a bastard game could mean one of them is scum.

I am a hundred percent willing to take that chance.
Same. I'm all in.

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

Hawthorn (6 votes)
MrHedin - #269 #1,377
Maolfunction - #901
Funky Dude Sparks - #905
LaunchpadMcQ - #1,310
Zippedpinhead - #1,374
Kyanrute - #1,690
Sawneeks - #1,695

turmoil7 (5 votes)
jman1954goat - #1,610
Nin - #1,654
Hawthorn - #1,670
Conditional-Pancakes - #1,677
Vincent Alexander - #1,738

Reki (3 votes)
Stantastic - #1,261
TheChuggernaut - #1,550
turmoil7 - #1,762

Nin (2 votes)
Blargonaut - #714 #907
Reki - #1,451
Kyanrute - #1,479 #1,690
turmoil7 - #1,537 #1,762
Conditional-Pancakes - #1,626 #1,677
MrHedin - #1,675

Aeleus (1 votes)
weemadarthur - #164

Lone_Prodigy (1 votes)
Dr. Monkey - #1,767

LaunchpadMcQ (1 votes)
AllThingsPurple - #1,327 #1,639
jman1954goat - #1,328 #1,386
Nin - #1,329 #1,654
Conditional-Pancakes - #1,372 #1,426
Blargonaut - #1,423

Faddy (0 votes)
Hawthorn - #119 #1,670
TheChuggernaut - #711 #1,525
jman1954goat - #770 #1,328
Vincent Alexander - #1,215 #1,614
turmoil7 - #1,245 #1,258
Blargonaut - #1,342 #1,423
jman1954goat - #1,386 #1,534
Conditional-Pancakes - #1,522 #1,626
Sawneeks - #1,532 #1,695
jman1954goat - #1,571 #1,610

weemadarthur (0 votes)
MrHedin - #1,476 #1,675

A Wild Ambulance Appears (0 votes)
Kyanrute - #1,291 #1,458
Faddy - #1,388 #1,521
turmoil7 - #1,406 #1,537

TheChuggernaut (0 votes)
Faddy - #308 #1,388
Funky Dude Sparks - #373 #905
Blargonaut - #907 #1,133
turmoil7 - #984 #1,245

Dr. Monkey (0 votes)
jman1954goat - #1,534 #1,571

Maolfunction (0 votes)
Faddy - #1,521 #1,596

Blargonaut (0 votes)
AllThingsPurple - #324 #1,327
Blargonaut - #1,133 #1,140
Blargonaut - #1,140 #1,141
turmoil7 - #1,258 #1,406

jman1954goat (0 votes)
Kyanrute - #593 #1,291

Not voting: Fat4all, Lone_Prodigy, AllThingsPurple, Aeleus, rac

Post Counts:
Fat4all: 188 TheChuggernaut: 157 weemadarthur: 146 Conditional-Pancakes: 111 Blargonaut: 107 Maolfunction: 100 AllThingsPurple: 88 Nin: 81 LaunchpadMcQ: 77 Funky Dude Sparks: 74 Kyanrute: 60 Sawneeks: 59 Faddy: 54 jman1954goat: 53 Aeleus: 47 Vincent Alexander: 40 A Wild Ambulance Appears: 32 Reki: 31 Dr. Monkey: 29 turmoil7: 29 rac: 25 Stantastic: 24 Zippedpinhead: 23 MrHedin: 22 Hawthorn: 20 Stuart444: 5 Lone_Prodigy: 1

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Pop Tart Votes:

H11o9nI.png

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Come on they are not scum lovers the concept was just introduced in transistor and these games are designed months ago.

It is very possible (likely?) one is town and one is scum though.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
to everyone voting hawthorn isnt the smarter play just letting them be the nk tonight
and then if that doesnt happen well, you got em?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Immune to death sounds like more than a simple bulletproof vest, so strong kill probably wouldn't do it, but otoh, a strong kill on the untarted lover would still do it? Probably?

The heck does fanto plan to do about that?

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I agree on keeping nin/hawthron. If both of them are town, scum will take them out eventually

If one is scum, we left them for later, we have time for this

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Would love to see another train getting some traction
Your wish is my command

Vote: LaunchpadMcQ

I really disliked his response to the Reki scenario, in a position where he could cancel the bet at anytime he tried to use it to put Reki in a negative light while trying to drum up town cred for sacrificing $200.

Second post I really disliked was his vote against Hawthorn, ignoring all the meta stuff there's still a load of weird stuff in there
The second noteworthy, way more significant, thing about this post is that Hawthorn proposes a bet here with nin. This is strange for several reasons.

1. Who she proposes the bet with - nin. We have all played with nin, and it's safe to say he's a bit of a wildcard. It is hard to read the motivation behind who she chose to place a bet with, but the potential read here is that she was looking at a player who she knew was a wild card to give off the impression that she was acting recklessly, recklessness being a quality scum!Hawthorn is not typically known for. Her claim is that she chose nin randomly (post #94).
  2. The amount - $500. It sounds like the majority of players have started off with $1500. $500 is not an insignificant amount, it's a third of the starting amount for most players - although, in fairness, we don't know how much Hawthorn actually has. However, it's enough to give off an impression of slight recklessness. It's also not so much money that it would make or break Hawthorn down the road. It's fortunate that nin did not actually follow through and accept the bet, but I think Hawthorn went in with the expectation that he would.
  3. The bet itself - "exactly six items from the store will be sold by the end of Day 1". It's a strangely specific thing to bet on. By her own admission, Hawthorn created a bet criteria which would make accepting the bet appealing to whoever she was proposing it to, something that would make it very difficult for her to win. This tells us a few things - one, that she was very intent on the recipient accepting the bet; and two, in her mind, she was effectively forfeiting the money.
    If she was so intent on having someone accept the bet, my next question would be why? Hawthorn claims she was " eager to take part in the betting system and see how it works" (post #155), but she could have simply observed others performing bets to see how it works instead of placing $500 out of [a supposed] $1500 down on a bet to test it. Seeing how it works is a strange motivation, since she already had a good enough grasp on the logic behind the betting to make the criteria appealing to the recipient. I think the reality here is that Hawthorn had an ulterior motive for proposing a bet - either to add to the narrative that she is acting recklessly and therefore town, or some other unseen goal.
  4. While Hawthorn did move on to defend her decision (posts #94, #155, #170), she did not follow up with nin to ask him to accept the bet. It is a strange pivot, especially because the bet itself was designed to have nin accept it - terms that favor the recipient. However, she just drops it without pursuing it further. The conclusion here is that there was a change of plans once other players started questioning her actions.
There's a lot of words here sure but a lot of it is overdramatic nonsense, why for example is it "fortunate that nin did not actually follow through and accept the bet" when he claims she was doing it for town cred and to look reckless, all he'd get was the $500, there's also stuff such as "unseen goal" which like, you're not allowed to use that as a reason to scum read someone.

This is more of setting up a domino, but if Faddy is scum, then I think it lends more credence to Hawthorn being scum, as well. This is one of the first mentions that scum may be trying to consolidate money around a single player, but based on discussions that happened subsequently, it might be a partial truth. If Faddy was indeed trying to gather up money or items into a single player to steal them, I think Hawthorn was giving herself a future "hah, I was right" moment.
I think this can speak for itself

Fake edit: Seems hawthorn is a lover which makes me feel even better about the vote

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, wait, so the two of you have split wallets? Why didn't you pool your cash together?

Wait, the bet! They tried to do it - or at least Hawthorn tried -.

Why do you try and give money to someone you don't know is town, in a Bastard game?

Immune to death sounds like more than a simple bulletproof vest

That's what I meant, since that wording seems to imply that no matter how many times one gets shot, the Pop-Tart defends you from that.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
still against letting scum know what town prs are doing at night btw
im just sayin an option if we wanna try and save these two weirdo lovers

considering it's a bastard, i wouldn't be shocked if items were the only way to protect peeps

AND I DONT THINK ANYONE BOUGHT THAT KICKASS LIGHTNING STANDEE, DAMMIT

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
It's not a good idea to have this cloud looming over us for the next X day phases, and scum isn't going to touch them; protecting them is pointless.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The timing of the confirmation, too, when Hawthorn keeps saying she's getting pulled into a meeting... it's fishy.

Same. I'm all in.
Nah, I wouldn't question that. If she has a meeting then she has a meeting.
I mean, y'all realize they could be lying even just about being lovers, right?
now THAT would be a bold play even for nin. i'm feeling more mixed alignment then an out-right lie.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
If people are worried about one of them being scum, we have invests for a reason and I highly doubt we have a scum lover godfather on our hands.

It's ridiculous to vote them in this scenario.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
My personal guess is that one of the two is town and the other is scum. If this is the case, scum will obviously never touch them. Even if they both are town, scum will not touch them tonight. Neither of the two has been that notable of a voice and people have suspected them both. People still are suspecting them, Hawthorn is currently leading in votes. We'd need two scans to prove both, scanning one is not enough.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
hawthron 7
turm 5
reki 3
nin 2
a 1
lp 1
launch 1

while we are going on circles, the vote count doesn't move

I really think hawthorn/nin is the wrong call here

We have to settle somewhere if we are going to avoid it

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
Man this is great right before I have to leave for work and not knowing where to go with my vote now. Launch does seem to be pushing going after Hawthorn quite a bit which seems a bit much for the situation.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
hawthron 7
turm 5
reki 3
nin 2
a 1
lp 1
launch 1

while we are going on circles, the vote count doesn't move

I really think hawthorn/nin is the wrong call here

We have to settle somewhere if we are going to avoid it

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
My personal guess is that one of the two is town and the other is scum. If this is the case, scum will obviously never touch them. Even if they both are town, scum will not touch them tonight. Neither of the two has been that notable of a voice and people have suspected them both. People still are suspecting them, Hawthorn is currently leading in votes. We'd need two scans to prove both, scanning one is not enough.
Apart from in your mind it's a 50/50 shot of catching scum?