Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Build Back Fucking Finally
So Biden and the Democrats finally passed their big clean energy and healthcare support act. The IRA(inset the bomb jokes) which just passed the house on August 12th and will head to Biden's desk the following week. Along the way, Joe and co signed the PACT act for veterans of the burn pits, major gun legislation and continuing aid to Ukraine in their war against Russia's aggression. The polls are indicating a far closer matchup for 2022 then first thought, to the point were many pundits and onlookers are suggesting this is not a normal midterm. With Inflation declining, gas prices going down and the jobs reports looking up it's a lot sunnier all of the sudden.

maxresdefault.jpg

Thank goodness nothing else is going on what so ever.

5d7.png

The former President got raided by the FBI. Trump had his hands on a lot of classified, SIGNET and likely nuclear intel that he shouldn't have had and is now involved in an investigation with the espionage act. Where this goes? No one knows. Only time will tell but it's been a roller coaster year and at the end of it, only one individual can right the ship and steer us through the thunderstorm.

PHOTO-Its-Over-Jack-Joe-Biden-With-Eye-Patch-Meme.jpg

DARK BRANDON

fetchimage

Reminders:

1) This thread isn't a venting ground for ResetEra threads you don't like.
2) This thread isn't a Twitter feed or live TV comment feed, provide context (as in tweet text or a video link/some attempt at transcription, respectively) for what you post.
3) Try not to let optimism or pessimism about an upcoming election get to you too much.
4) Ignore these reminders at your own peril.

How we got here:

US PoliEra 2022 |OT 1| Build Back Later
US PoliEra 2021 |OT 3| Rage Against The Manchin
US PoliEra 2021 |OT 2| Manchin Sinematic Universe
US PoliEra 2021 |OT 1| ResetUSA
US PoliEra 2020 |OT11| Biden our time until Jan 20th
US PoliEra 2020 |OT10| One Last 2020, for the road.
US PoliEra 2020 |OT9| Rashida Tlaib 2 : Vote This Motherfucker Out
US PoliEra 2020 |OT8| Do it for Her
US PoliEra 2020 |OT7| Good Trouble
US PoliEra 2020 |OT6| I will not be closing this thread when the second wave hits.
US PoliEra 2020 |OT5| Guidance recommends quarantining PoliERA
US PoliEra 2020 |OT4| Disaster Voltron
US PoliEra 2020 |OT3| "I think he's learned his lesson" says The Concerned Immoderate Darling Collins.
US PoliEra 2020 |OT 2| Dershowitz says "Qui Pro Quo on the Go?"
US PoliEra 2020 |OT 1| THE ANTI BENGHAZI
US PoliEra 2019 |OT11| MOTHERFUCKER IMPEACHED
US PoliEra 2019 |OT10| Go Absent Yourself
US PoliEra 2019 |OT9| I'm really glad I'm not on Twitter nearly enough to understand all the references
US PoliEra 2019 |OT8| WHITE HOUSE ADMITS TO QUID PRO QUO WITH UKRAINE
US PoliEra 2019 |OT7| It's happening
US PoliEra 2019 |OT6| Have You Hurd About These GOP Retirements?
US PoliEra 2019 |OT5| She's got a plan for that, now sashay away
US PoliEra 2019 |OT4| Folded like a DOG
US PoliEra 2019 |OT3| YOU WERE AT MY WEDDING, DENISE
US PoliEra 2019 |OT2| #President Pelosi
US PoliERA 2019 |OT1| You down wit' NDP? (Yeah you know me!) Who's down wit' AOC? (This whole party!)
US PoliERA 2018 |OT13| And now the fun starts
US PoliERA 2018 |OT12| The Moscow Project
US PoliERA 2018 |OT11| The Hunt for Blue November
US PoliERA 2018 |OT10| McConnell is "mule piss"
US PoliERA 2018 |OT9| Next week has been EXHAUSTING
US PoliERA 2018 |OT8| Democrats projected to gain F5 seats
US PoliERA 2018 |OT7| Tell Me The Bad Things That Happened Since I Fell Asleep
US PoliERA 2018 |OT6| An Unmitigated Disaster
US PoliERA 2018 |OT5| A Total Goat Rodeo
US PoliERA 2018 |OT4| Sweetheart, this is Watergate, goodbye!
US PoliERA 2018 |OT3| In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Ryan
US PoliEra 2018 |OT2| Flip, Flip, Flip-a-Gatesia
US PoliEra 2018 |OT| Welcome to the Resistance, the only funded organization in D.C.
US PoliEra 2017 |OT3| This thread was created with a one vote margin
US PoliEra 2017 |OT2| Tinkle Traitor Soldier Spy
US PoliEra 2017 |OT| At least Rand Paul had a lawn to cushion the blow

db98722271807fac9f63ea94edc64359f3cfcfe4.gifv

For real this time.

_xlarge.jpeg

You will not stop him.

FZmXIB6XEAAAv91

Last edited:

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
400 more pages of TheHunter trolling me about the midterms. :)

(Again, I hope I'm wrong and he gets to make fun of me for the next two years - but I'm not going to be fooled again by dreams of eight point popular vote and 54 Senate seats again).

*insert Hawkeye don't give me hope gif here*

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
How the hell is it August and this is only the second OT to be made this year? lol

Anyway...there is so much happening right now I can't even.

GardenPepper

Oct 28, 2017
I'm still flummoxed as to why he would have the reported information he had on the president of France. Seems so entirely random.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

Ex-Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice Behind Partisan Review of the 2020 Election Has Been Fired After a Judge Said His Probe Came Up Empty

Mike-Gableman.jpg

Wisconsin's pricey and taxpayer-funded partisan review of the 2020 election collapsed on Friday, as one of the state's GOP leaders fired the retired judge leading it for providing no results for a lot of money.
Even though President Joe Biden beat Donald Trump by more than 20,000 votes in Wisconsin, in results affirmed by recounts and certified, Assembly Speaker Robin Vos (R) followed in the footsteps of other GOP-dominated state legislatures in questioning the contest.

A little more than a year ago in July 2021, Vos initiated his so-called audit and tapped one of the state's conservative former Supreme Court justices, Michael Gableman, to lead it. One year and more than $1 million taxpayer dollars later, Vos ended the probe after narrowly winning his primary race.
Vos did not wait long after his victory to sack Gableman, whom a Wisconsin judge said found "no evidence" of election fraud while doing little but sitting in a library on the public dime.

"Here, I guess what we found out from this long and tortuous road is that at least for the first part of this investigation, there was no actual work being done," Judge Valerie BaileyRihn said in a hearing in late July. "The taxpayers are paying $11,000 for somebody to sit in a New Berlin library to learn about election law because they had no experience in election law."
Gableman traveled out of state on multiple occasions chasing election conspiracy theories, including an excursion to Arizona's so-called "fraudit" by the firm Cyber Ninjas to explore whether the Chinese tampered with election machines.

Finding that theory did not pan out, Gableman went to South Dakota to see the symposium of MyPillow infomercial salesman and CEO Mike Lindell — with little to show from the trip but a COVID-19 diagnosis, according to Bailey-Rihn.

lawandcrime.com

Ex-Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice Behind Partisan Review of the 2020 Election Has Been Fired After a Judge Said His Probe Came Up Empty

Wisconsin's pricey and taxpayer-funded partisan review of the 2020 election collapsed on Friday, as one of the state's GOP leaders fired the retired judge leading it for providing no results for a lot of money.

Sparkle

Dec 19, 2017
Amazing OP, thanks for creating the thread.

Another thing that gets me about the stupid 'I declassified it all!' defense - it begs the question as to why he would do it. Like, if an observer buys the excuse as true, then it means that Trump has admitted that he took highly sensitive, classified material to his home (which was nowhere near secure). The material was classified for a reason, likely to protect the country, or its federal agents, or its citizenry, or all three. So, by declassifying it, Trump marks himself as either a fucking idiot who made so grave a 'mistake' that he should be disqualified from holding public office forever, or a desperate villain who knowingly sacrificed our safety to save his own skin when the law came down.

It's a terrible excuse to begin with because it isn't true, but even if it was true, he still looks like an incompetent fool or a treasonous failure.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
New thread for what hopefully feels like a new era. So much more hopeful these last few weeks than I've been in years!

discotheque

Dec 23, 2019
Let it be known that I never gave up the faith
www.resetera.com

US PoliEra 2022 |OT 1| Build Back Later OT

Biden in March 2020: "Number one, I committed that if I'm elected as president & have the opportunity to appoint someone to the courts, I'll appoint the first Black woman to the Court. It's required that they have representation now — it's long overdue."

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
Boebert is 100% running for President in 2024 (provided Trump does not).

With what money?

lawandcrime.com

What a complicated way to grift.

Stath

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Mar 4, 2022
I am unable to think about the phrase "Dark Brandon" for more than five seconds without starting to chuckle a bit.

Oct 27, 2017
The World
I feel like it might be a good time for a gang of 8 briefing? Anyway everything was leaked by Trump, good time to let those people know what exactly Trump was holding.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1558290437106016257

www.thedailybeast.com

Ex-Trump Aide Sics MAGA Fans on Alleged FBI Agents’ Families

Garrett Ziegler posted the personal info of purported FBI agents—along with links to one of their kids’ social media accounts.

Just hours after a list began circulating among right-wing media of FBI agents who signed off on the search warrant for Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago property, a former Trump aide tried to sic MAGA fans on the family members of the purported agents.
Garrett Ziegler, who recently went on a sexist tear against former White House colleagues, took to Telegram to post the personal information of men he identified as agents.
"This is one of the two feds who signed the 'Receipt for Property' form, which detailed—at a very high level—the fishing expedition that the FBI performed at Mar-a-Lago," Ziegler said on both Truth Social and Telegram.
The former Trump administration staffer further listed out the FBI agents' date of birth, work emails and linked to alleged family members' social media accounts.
"Hope he doesn't get a good night's sleep for the rest of 2022," Ziegler wrote on Truth Social, responding to another Truth Social user's photos of one of the alleged FBI officials who signed off on the inventory receipts on the warrant.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

Judge Denies Ex-Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg's Motions to Dismiss His Indictment

Denying the former Trump Organization chief financial officer's motions to dismiss, a Manhattan judge set the stage for the upcoming trial of Allen Weisselberg on Friday.

Jury selection is now slated to begin on Monday, Oct. 24.
Former President Donald Trump's trusted accountant for nearly half a century, Weisselberg has been awaiting trial for more than a year on a battery of charges including conspiracy, grand larceny, criminal tax fraud, and falsifying business records. The Manhattan District Attorney's office unsealed the 25-page indictment, which also named the Trump Corporation and Trump Payroll Corp. as co-defendant, in July 2021.
Prosecutors accuse Weisselberg of a 15-year scheme to defraud federal, New York State, and New York City tax authorities of $1.76 million in "off-the-books" compensation. These included $359,058 in tuition expenses for multiple family members, $196,245 for leases on his Mercedes Benz automobiles, $29,400 in unreported cash, and an unspecified amount in ad hoc personal expenses, according to his indictment.
On Friday morning, Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Juan Merchan denied Weisselberg's multiple motions to dismiss, rejecting the ex-CFO's claims that the grand jury had insufficient evidence and that he was selectively prosecuted.

lawandcrime.com

Judge Denies Ex-Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg's Motions to Dismiss His Indictment

Denying the former Trump Organization chief financial officer's motions to dismiss, a Manhattan judge on Friday set the stage for the upcoming trial of Allen Weisselberg.

Oct 26, 2017

Yeah, it's not an actual legal strategy. It's a media strategy.

Which means, Trump has no one around him that can grasp the seriousness of what he's facing (ie. life in prison). A real lawyer would tell Trump to stop talking and stop making statements immediately. All the statements and ludicrous defenses Trump and his lawyers are making right now can be used against Trump later on and it can undermine a viable defense they might want to use in trial.

Trump Lawyers At Trial: "All those documents were taken and stored away in Mara-a-Lago by Kash Patel. Trump had no knowledge of classified and sensitive documents in his possession. He just told Patel to get important documents. Trump never looked at them."

DoJ Prosecutors: "Didn't your client back in August claim he declassified every single document because he wanted to take his work home?"

Trump Lawyer: "No, Trump was lying then. And we were lying at his direction."

DoJ Prosecutors, "And now you and your cleint are telling the truth?"

Trump Lawyer: "Yes. Yes, I believe so. I haven't asked my client, but I believe so."

Jeffapp

Oct 29, 2017

Which means, Trump has no one around him that can grasp the seriousness of what he's facing (ie. life in prison). A real lawyer would tell Trump to stop talking and stop making statements immediately. All the statements and ludicrous defenses Trump and his lawyers are making right now can be used against Trump later on and it can undermine a viable defense they might want to use in trial.

Trump Lawyers At Trial: "All those documents were taken and stored away in Mara-a-Lago by Kash Patel. Trump had no knowledge of classified and sensitive documents in his possession. He just told Patel to get important documents. Trump never looked at them."

DoJ Prosecutors: "Didn't your client back in August claim he declassified every single document because he wanted to take his work home?"

Trump Lawyer: "Yes. Yes, I believe so. I haven't asked my client, but I believe so."
I think this is the strategy he was taught by his former lawyer he looked up to lawyer roy cohn. He's thing was always be on offense and fight in the public realm.
It does not work here at all. Works on personal lawsuit but not state crimes

Thordinson

Banned
Aug 1, 2018

Even if he had better lawyers around him, a good lawyer can tell a client to stop talking and the client can completely ignore the advice. It's the same with the defense that a lawyer uses. If the lawyer presents a good defense to Trump on these charges but Trump says "No! I wanna say I declassified it in my head!" then the lawyer has to follow what the client wants.

The best lawyers in the world can't do much with terrible clients.

Status
Not open for further replies.