Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
All the reads from Feign I could find:
Feign felt like a pretty decent player and now that we know his alignment that could make his reads worthwhile.

Is this because he said he was or because of his day one play? Because if it's the latter...

giphy.gif

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
People will not like this micro read on nin so I'm gonna put in spoiler tags, you were warned
Nin's list where he notes all the players he's fine with getting rid of and all of them being actual nothing feels like a weird post for scum to make, surely he could fabricate one half decent read

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
And to elaborate a bit more, I thought the second big Feign was completely unnecessary unless he was trying to get scum to stay away, so it didn't make sense for him to be scum aligned to me, but the role with what he described didn't sound like a town role either, so neutral? Why would a neutral have bombs? Oh a serial killer. And then it was just me trying to figure out how that would work in this game. Turns out the first post was unnecessary too, and I shouldn't have read that much into the second one, but hindsight and all that.
do you think LP is the bomber
this is where i am at. I don't know why he would claim his role like that as mafia or neutral. It doesn't make sense.
LOL you should catch up, you're about to do what I did

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
I agree with you.

Good morning 🌅 folks. Let's start with this vote of mine which is based off the feelings I got while reading through the thread.

Vote: Feign

Sorry but the way you played and reacted aswell as interacted with other players just left me with a bad feeling. I believe that you might not me mafia but while reading through your posts I got the impression that you're a neutral with a different win condition than the rest of us town players. We can talk about it but I doubt my vote will change.
Yeah I can see this looking like a mafia just trying to make a convenient excuse for a vote.
Explicitly voting for someone you don't really think is mafia is pretty icky.
Vote: nin

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Just caught up on the feign mod kill.

Feels bad. it has happened 2 games in a row now to new players. Even though it is in the rules perhaps we need to start emphasising it to new players.

their role was kind of disappointing compared to what they were saying.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Feign didn't make a detailed read of Monkey, but found her initial suspicion of his claim scummy, but moved over to reading her as light town that he didn't wanna vote D1.
There is initial suspicion from the reaction to the claim, then much later something to the way Chuggs increased aggression versus me and finally seeing him as someone trying to paint Feign as a neutral.
There's a fair bit of suspicion thrown here, but it remained kinda surface level in the posts, but it's clear from the tone he doesn't trust Chuggs.
REPLYING TO ZEM
Now things are getting spicier, Feign really doesn't like Maol and I haven't really thought about reading Maol much so I guess that's homework for me.
We start with what seems like a joke about how he has to vote him if his scum play is like his own. Investigating the reply to Zem we see:
Which I read as thinking Maol might know from talking in scumchat to Zem that he is scum.
Later in the thread Feign in pinged pretty hard by Maol when he defended ATP for posting a list of players he wouldn't vote for. Feign doesn't change his read when later learning that Maol had asked people for reads like that.
We have a ton of suspicion, but are kinda left hanging :/
I do get the sense that ATP is very much in his pile of people to keep an eye on because of passive play early on.
The only thing here is he finds Zem suspicious for his awkward post.
Light town read of Faddy for wondering about what the game actually looks like under the hood.
Now we're getting a more detailed read. First quote reads as a fairly hard sus as he thinks nin's reads look a lot like reads made by mafia. He is perhaps toning it down a bit aware that he might read stuff wrong if there's a playstyle clash. Second post reads as a harder sus as he reads the read of himself and Monkey as flat out fake.
A light town read of Leo. This read is also contrasting some earlier reads, talks about neutral which references his read of Chuggs.

I just picked out the posts I deemed to be reads from Feign and not all of the interactions. Feign felt like a pretty decent player and now that we know his alignment that could make his reads worthwhile. Sadly like me he also dropped a bit out of the game middle of D2 and so there isn't that much content and it's all raw reactions and not analytical reads.
I super dislike this post. This is busywork.

Feign was town but why would we trust his reads over anyone else's? SPECIFICALLY why would we trust HIS reads over anyone else's? This is kinda the straw-camel for me here.

vote: Ty4on

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Feign didn't make a detailed read of Monkey, but found her initial suspicion of his claim scummy, but moved over to reading her as light town that he didn't wanna vote D1.
There is initial suspicion from the reaction to the claim, then much later something to the way Chuggs increased aggression versus me and finally seeing him as someone trying to paint Feign as a neutral.
There's a fair bit of suspicion thrown here, but it remained kinda surface level in the posts, but it's clear from the tone he doesn't trust Chuggs.
REPLYING TO ZEM
Now things are getting spicier, Feign really doesn't like Maol and I haven't really thought about reading Maol much so I guess that's homework for me.
We start with what seems like a joke about how he has to vote him if his scum play is like his own. Investigating the reply to Zem we see:
Which I read as thinking Maol might know from talking in scumchat to Zem that he is scum.
Later in the thread Feign in pinged pretty hard by Maol when he defended ATP for posting a list of players he wouldn't vote for. Feign doesn't change his read when later learning that Maol had asked people for reads like that.
I do get the sense that ATP is very much in his pile of people to keep an eye on because of passive play early on.
Light town read of Faddy for wondering about what the game actually looks like under the hood.
Now we're getting a more detailed read. First quote reads as a fairly hard sus as he thinks nin's reads look a lot like reads made by mafia. He is perhaps toning it down a bit aware that he might read stuff wrong if there's a playstyle clash. Second post reads as a harder sus as he reads the read of himself and Monkey as flat out fake.
A light town read of Leo. This read is also contrasting some earlier reads, talks about neutral which references his read of Chuggs.

I just picked out the posts I deemed to be reads from Feign and not all of the interactions. Feign felt like a pretty decent player and now that we know his alignment that could make his reads worthwhile. Sadly like me he also dropped a bit out of the game middle of D2 and so there isn't that much content and it's all raw reactions and not analytical reads.
Man, this all looks like busy work.

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, putting a vote down.

Vote: Ty4on

I'm really not sure why we'd go back over the Day 1 reads of a confirmed Town. They're just as in the dark as the rest of us at this point in the game.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Personally I appreciate the effort regardless of the intent, should have finished it with a hot take vote though.

OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

Ty4on (6 votes)
A Wild Ambulance Appears - #749
TheChuggernaut - #852 #1,045
Neki - #1,013
TheChuggernaut - #1,165
Maolfunction - #1,238
Dr. Monkey - #1,256
Ynnek7 - #1,262

nin (3 votes)
Stantastic - #613
Leo - #1,111
Ty4on - #1,254

jman1954goat (2 votes)
Ephidel - #1,058
Kalor - #1,089

TheChuggernaut (1 votes)
A Wild Ambulance Appears - #158 #749
AllThingsPurple - #929

EzekelRAGE (1 votes)
Fanto - #1,046

Funky Dude Sparks (1 votes)
AllThingsPurple - #138 #929
Aeleus - #465

Maolfunction (1 votes)
EzekelRAGE - #721

Ynnek7 (1 votes)
Zem - #960

Lone_Prodigy (1 votes)
FateShirou - #568
Fanto - #737 #1,046

Stantastic (0 votes)
jman1954goat - #731 #733

Dr. Monkey (0 votes)
Fanto - #140 #737

Zem (0 votes)
Maolfunction - #239 #640

Zippedpinhead (0 votes)
Dr. Monkey - #399 #1,256

Kalor (0 votes)
Maolfunction - #640 #1,238

Feign (0 votes)
jman1954goat - #977 #1,094
TheChuggernaut - #1,045 #1,165
nin - #1,062 #1,196

Not voting: Faddy, Lone_Prodigy, nin, Zippedpinhead, Hawthorn, SkyOdin, HPsauce, jman1954goat, Kopite, Funky Dude Sparks

Post Counts:
TheChuggernaut: 175 nin: 137 Dr. Monkey: 134 Maolfunction: 109 Feign: 94 Stantastic: 84 AllThingsPurple: 81 FateShirou: 77 Funky Dude Sparks: 65 Fanto: 56 Ty4on: 51 Faddy: 47 jman1954goat: 41 Zem: 40 Aeleus: 39 A Wild Ambulance Appears: 38 Ephidel: 29 Neki: 25 EzekelRAGE: 21 Leo: 16 Hawthorn: 16 SkyOdin: 16 Kopite: 15 HPsauce: 12 LaunchpadMcQ: 12 Ynnek7: 11 Lone_Prodigy: 11 Zippedpinhead: 10 Kalor: 7 Stuart444: 6

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Is this because he said he was or because of his day one play? Because if it's the latter...

giphy.gif
Fake claiming as town is pretty common in some communities.
You can do lots of reaction testing because mafia are gonna wanna know what you really are and react a bit more passively in the thread because they know it's not a mafia fake claim.

It's from how his thread presence, he managed to get D1 into a proper discussion very early and his reads were really looking at the intention and trying to emphasize with players to figure out if it was some legit thought process in their head or just mafia busywork. Sadly there wasn't as much as I thought extrapolating from early D1 posting.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
REPLYING TO ZEM

Not to invalidate your effort, it's good for reference. But I disagree we should be looking at how he was reading people because being town he was just as in the dark as we are. The real juice is the other way around, how people were reading Feign, because scum was probably ruffled by his claim.

I'm currently rereading every mention of him but that will obviously take a while.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Okay maybe I'm just stuck in a tunnel, but Ty popping in with a big summery post is just setting off all of my alarm bells

I'm trying to understadn the mindset of doing that. It wasn't like feign was killed by mafia or for their reads but at the saem time it is always worth looking at what dead players say. But it is also day 1.

I agree that it feels like busy work from Ty. And i like what Fanto was saying about them earlier. Ty said something like he was still in sorting mode whichis where most people are right now.

It does have a veneer of perforamative town to it.

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
SPECIFICALLY why would we trust HIS reads over anyone else's?
Because he's fucking town.

There's like 7 mafias throwing bad shade and votes in this thread right now trying to get miselim like me going.
I had some trust in Feign early on, but was cautious since he seemed like a skilled player, but with his flip that's not something to worry about.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Why am I not allowed to make a big post like that?
You're allowed, but you still haven't told us what actual good it is. In fact in the post itself you say "wow this wasn't really much"

So what's the point? Here's how it looks to me:

oh no people are saying I'm not doing much so let me do something that looks like a lot real quick

instead of... actually engaging... with living players... who need to be solved.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Because he's fucking town.

There's like 7 mafias throwing bad shade and votes in this thread right now trying to get miselim like me going.
I had some trust in Feign early on, but was cautious since he seemed like a skilled player, but with his flip that's not something to worry about.

Which of his reads did you agree with though because to me there is a difference in collating the reads and making use of them to further your own.

Oct 25, 2017
Why am I not allowed to make a big post like that?

It's not the size of the post, it's the content. It's a giant post of nothing but another players day 1 reads. Mafia can do whatever the heck they want with those because chances are he'a not going to be 100% right because it's day 1. On top of that it's just another post in the long string of you avoiding giving original thoughts.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I agree with the sentiment towards ty's post. I still don't feel great about voting on someone that has Ambulance and Chuggs on them though.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Other than Ty who else has votes and why?

I saw Jman has votes and claimed bomb defuser. i am sure we do not vote that claim out today.

nin has a couple of votes. I liked nin as being very active early on. Stan obviously strongly disagrees that it is townie nin because I don't remeber stan coming out so hot with a scum read.

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Which of his reads did you agree with though because to me there is a difference in collating the reads and making use of them to further your own.
They all look decent, but I don't have any particular reads on the players other than Chuggs being like talking to a brick wall.
instead of... actually engaging... with living players... who need to be solved.
I've done that too, but I'm not caught up so I wanna spend some time in ISOs too to figure out more of the game.

Your whole post is very agenda-y. I know I haven't done much and yes I'm trying to make content to look good, but I don't want to be eliminated as town either.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017

I saw Jman has votes and claimed bomb defuser. i am sure we do not vote that claim out today.

nin has a couple of votes. I liked nin as being very active early on. Stan obviously strongly disagrees that it is townie nin because I don't remeber stan coming out so hot with a scum read.
Eh, feels like Stan is happy going on gut and not evolving with the thread, which is whatever, but I don't put a lot of stock in what he's doing right now. nin's interesting. I won't call him town but I feel better about his willingness to engage now.

*am biased because he's also skating on a bullshit read of 1/100th of my posts, but I'll at least be open about my bias lol

Oct 25, 2017

I think the Jman posts are pre-claim. I would be very surprised if that happens today.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
They all look decent, but I don't have any particular reads on the players other than Chuggs being like talking to a brick wall.

I've done that too, but I'm not caught up so I wanna spend some time in ISOs too to figure out more of the game.

Your whole post is very agenda-y. I know I haven't done much and yes I'm trying to make content to look good, but I don't want to be eliminated as town either.
Why is my post agenda-y. Please explain. Why me of the several people who said similar. Please explain. I am a living person who needs to be solved so go to.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I am for real going to go work now and I'm setting a TIMER so I don't come back for at least one hour but I would REALLY like to see that answer from Ty when I get back.

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Not to invalidate your effort, it's good for reference. But I disagree we should be looking at how he was reading people because being town he was just as in the dark as we are. The real juice is the other way around, how people were reading Feign, because scum was probably ruffled by his claim.

I'm currently rereading every mention of him but that will obviously take a while.
This is a bad mindset, especially for night-kills that are explicitly killed by mafia (ehm, more so in normal games).
Find town and find their reads, that's gonna help you track down mafia. Feign obviously didn't have perfect reads, none of them are conclusive, but he had reads from a pure perspective so that can help you see things that you maybe didn't notice.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
This is a bad mindset, especially for night-kills that are explicitly killed by mafia (ehm, more so in normal games).
Find town and find their reads, that's gonna help you track down mafia. Feign obviously didn't have perfect reads, none of them are conclusive, but he had reads from a pure perspective so that can help you see things that you maybe didn't notice.

That usually holds but a day 1 modkill isn't exactly the same as being killed in the night.

Of his reads I liked his maol read because he agreed with me that he was scummy.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
But mafia didn't choose to kill Feign here so there's no reason to think his reads are any more accurate than any other town player alive right now.

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Why is my post agenda-y. Please explain. Why me of the several people who said similar. Please explain. I am a living person who needs to be solved so go to.
You said I hadn't engaged with people which I felt was weird because that's exactly what I did when I came back and Chuggs started shading me hard.
The tone of the post is all "Ty did this because X" instead of trying to figure it out.
You're allowed, but you still haven't told us what actual good it is. In fact in the post itself you say "wow this wasn't really much"
This here just feels like trash. Do I need some points tracker for every analysis I make to figure out how worthwhile it is and remove everything below a certain cutoff?

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
That usually holds but a day 1 modkill isn't exactly the same as being killed in the night.

Of his reads I liked his maol read because he agreed with me that he was scummy.
He was still town unless this game is really bastard. As you know mafia kills come with some WIFOM too so I don't think that really changes things that much.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
You said I hadn't engaged with people which I felt was weird because that's exactly what I did when I came back and Chuggs started shading me hard.
The tone of the post is all "Ty did this because X" instead of trying to figure it out.

This here just feels like trash. Do I need some points tracker for every analysis I make to figure out how worthwhile it is and remove everything below a certain cutoff?

There have been a few people that have said chuggs is scummy. I thought his opening was really townie but I thought that in Eastenders too. but i think a chuggs scum read at this point is more about paranoia than anything else.

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
I went through Maol's ISO and then Kalor said kinda what I was thinking.
Maol has sure been bringing up meta stuff a whole lot, more so than any other player. Not sure what to think yet but it's an easy way to fill out some posts and appear more active.
I said why in my post. It's an easy way to talk about people and not actively engage with the content of their posts in this current game. And I think you're leaning on it too much. I do feel similarly about other players that bring it up but the other examples you've mentioned, like Monkey, I feel better about so far.
Emphasis on the not engaging part. Maol is throwing lot's of shade around, but a lot of it is passing mention of the players and not going very deep.

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
There have been a few people that have said chuggs is scummy. I thought his opening was really townie but I thought that in Eastenders too. but i think a chuggs scum read at this point is more about paranoia than anything else.
If I flip you can look at my back and forth with Chuggs. He's made his scumread and feels inflexible with it, as town I'd imagine him being more unsure of his read instead of tunneling me because of a Sparks read of all things.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Yeah, the Sparks stuff isn't the primary reason I have the bad vibes there. Day 1 town reads are whatever. It's more the constant shifting of the conversation back to Sparks that's making me concerned.
If I flip you can look at my back and forth with Chuggs. He's made his scumread and feels inflexible with it, as town I'd imagine him being more unsure of his read instead of tunneling me because of a Sparks read of all things.
Awkward...

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What's your read on Maol then (sorry if you've already said it)
I just thought it was a typical maol-zeke interaction
but this just bugs me
you're a bit of a wildcard Zeke. even if I think I can read you later, if you are scum I don't want you to do something wild and do something like shoot Monkey on D1 or something crazy.

and you wouldn't be my first option for a vote, but I'd vote you if other people start a train on you for the same reason