Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I think he gives more as town. His posts have practically nothing in them.
I think he usually doesn't do much d1 but maybe I'm wrong. I'm not averse to a vote there because he is definitely not projecting town but to me it's more he's projecting nothing. Feels like a gamble. Not a bad bet but still a gamble.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
One person brought it up but did anyone else get fakery vibes from Chuggs and Ty and their scrap? I didn't. But I wanna check in since there's a wide disparity of feelings on those two.

No. Because I got Ty's point about Chuggs being a brick wall. That felt like genuine frustration with someone and not fakery. i think it is true that Chuggs has dug into a few positions but that is sometimes a town thing.

Although I am not feeling great about chuggs talking post flip.
I do not care for the Maol wagon at all. Thorny's vote on me is pretty low quality also. Some hopefully fun places to look after the flip.

Like a flip on who? Is this if maol flips town?

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
I just wanna say chuggs is someone I would vote out. I just dont think the votes are there today so I won't bother.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
As in, manufactured between the two? I did not get that vibe, no, it felt legit.
By the by, what did you think of Ty's 7 thing? Maybe I'm making mountains out of molehills but I'm sensitive after past "slips." He said he picked it up post earlier discussions but that answer came rather later.

I guess I'm trying to figure between "actually just bewildered town!Ty" and "calculated scum!Ty who is frustrated at getting busted for ploys" and I'm feeling a little swingy.

gonna tag Aeleus too.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I also would have expected more of a defence tbh but he's MIA and I didn't like that quick group of votes for Zeke which is why I put my vote in.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Dr. Monkey here's my best attempt

Trigger: Ty4on has the most votes, strong voices are calling for his elimination makes it seems fairly likely he'll end up being gotten
Feeling: Anxious (80%), apathy (20%)
Negative thoughts: The chance of getting scum on D1 is small, he's probably innocent. If he was scum worried about getting caught there would be a lot more urgency rather than admitting he was trying to look good, dipping from the thread and not treating the situation seriously.
Evidence that supports the negative thought: Generally don't get scum D1, it feels like he's largely given up.
Evidence that goes against the negative thought: Scum are human too, they can get demotivated when things aren't going their way. I myself was an example of that in easyallies and have seen it many times before. Ty4on has a series of fishy posts. Just because we don't usually get scum D1 doesn't mean it can't happen.
Alternate thought: Following a series of fishy posts Ty4on was interogated and while putting up a heavy defense at first seemed to become deflated as time went on, the underlined is NAI. There are good reasons to vote for Ty4on today.
There are also some Ty defenders and a LOT of people staying quiet. Which can add to the ??? pile. It's not "dead air" but it's more like a collective breath being held which could be anything.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
By the by, what did you think of Ty's 7 thing? Maybe I'm making mountains out of molehills but I'm sensitive after past "slips." He said he picked it up post earlier discussions but that answer came rather later.

I guess I'm trying to figure between "actually just bewildered town!Ty" and "calculated scum!Ty who is frustrated at getting busted for ploys" and I'm feeling a little swingy.

gonna tag Aeleus too.
Generally I try not to put much stock in to that sort of stuff with Scum team size guesses, I guess I just can't remember a time where Scum legit let loose the team size on accident. I remember Cult talk from earlier, but I don't remember the number 7 coming up, I might have forgot though.

As for "bewildered Town" vs. "calculated/frustrated Scum", I've gotten senses of both at times, I think it was the exasperation with you that felt like the former, but a lot of his other stuff has felt like the latter.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Faddy mentioned "around 6 scum" earlier in the thread so may have got it from that but why then say 7?
Faddy is also pretty known for fronting mechanical plays/correctness/structure/blahblahblah so it hits different. I'm trying to suss how legit Ty's reference back was. It's the gap that gets me.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Generally I try not to put much stock in to that sort of stuff with Scum team size guesses, I guess I just can't remember a time where Scum legit let loose the team size on accident. I remember Cult talk from earlier, but I don't remember the number 7 coming up, I might have forgot though.

As for "bewildered Town" vs. "calculated/frustrated Scum", I've gotten senses of both at times, I think it was the exasperation with you that felt like the former, but a lot of his other stuff has felt like the latter.
Costume Party. And Geno called out his own teammate for it and got them killed lol

I got killed the next day in part for not believing the slip so it sure sticks out in my mind.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom

Ha, I have no idea why I thought you said 6, but I was pretty confident that was the number

S02E04-8gcLVhM5-subtitled.jpg

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Oh My God You Suck

OMGUS stands for "Oh My God, You Suck (for voting for me)!". it is sometimes used as a shorthand to indicate that you are voting for someone primarily because they voted for you. It is a behavior often associated with inexperienced players.

Why Do This?

It can be used as an "excuse" for a Random Vote near the beginning of the game, or as a retaliation when someone is close to being eliminated, as a vent against the frustration (even if the player being voted for has no reasonable chance of being eliminated).

Occasionally a Scum player will use it to cover a strategic vote, feigning outrage to get someone else closer to an elimination.

History

Like, Maol wasnt even voting me. lol

So weak.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Like, Maol wasnt even voting me. lol

So weak.
I didn't say it was OMGUS, that might have been someone else, but my read is that your Maol read feels like a reach, and like a fake thing you latched on to. And as Faddy said earlier I think, I also expect you to give more than that on D1, so the whole thing just doesn't read very genuine to me.

Oct 25, 2017
Planing on taking a look at ATP at some point tonight. The "Chuggs must be scum no matter what" thing I feel like has gone past paranoia to a point where I don't actually buy it anymore, and it's giving me vibes from that game where Malus was a god damn Hunter trying to get me killed.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
This defense isn't it zeke.

And actually the exact same thing Launch did in Eastenders (he was neutral)
The defense is fine when You say OMGUS is a reason you are voting for me.
I didn't say it was OMGUS, that might have been someone else, but my read is that your Maol read feels like a reach, and like a fake thing you latched on to. And as Faddy said earlier I think, I also expect you to give more than that on D1, so the whole thing just doesn't read very genuine to me.
That wasnt directed towards you and I know your reasoning for voting me, it's still weak.

Faddy said it was OMGUS
There are also a worrying amount of truffleshuffles in Zeke's posts.

His reason for voting maol is verging on omgus or at least to me looking for an easy reason to vote someone.

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ty
there are 47mins left in the day
what do you want to happen
you have 7 votes on you

we still have time to reposition this, give us something

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
So what has changed your opinion of maol?

Nothing really. If you look at what I was saying to Ty I thought of the people talking that he and maol were the scummiest. But there have been a lot of quieter people who have not done much in the way of being town. And when I read your posts they were full of nothing.

If you want to know where i am with maol, it is that if they are scum it is with Fanto.

But I don't think you have done anything that makes you town and the inane way you come back at people quoting what OMGUS means instead of the more substantive points is very scummy.

In the chat mafia I play in there is a phrase called "why me? fry me" that is basically if anyone responds to pressure by saying why me instead of engaging with the game they are most likely mafia.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Costume Party. And Geno called out his own teammate for it and got them killed lol

I got killed the next day in part for not believing the slip so it sure sticks out in my mind.
I was in spec chat for costume party and felt it was a ridiculous reason to vote off dracula so I was wrong with you.

I'm actually going to go out on a limb and say I don't buy his defense though, Faddy made the 7ish comment like 30 minutes into the game and Ty4on remembering it all this time as well as who said it seems odd.

Vote: Ty4on

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Faddy is also pretty known for fronting mechanical plays/correctness/structure/blahblahblah so it hits different. I'm trying to suss how legit Ty's reference back was. It's the gap that gets me.
Faddy's post was quoted by Feign here, I commented on his read of Faddy wondering about the game structure, so I had just read that post from Faddy. I didn't include all of the secondary quotes since it's already enough effort to open every page and get the quote.
Light town read of Faddy for wondering about what the game actually looks like under the hood.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, if you wanna do this, let's throw down then.

Faddy, being very Faddy and in his own head, ruminates on the state of play in his very first posts.

You say there are seven people gunning for you specifically. And then there's a gap after you are asked about it.

Who on your vote is a bad faith actor and where are their friends right now?

Oct 25, 2017
Zeke just doesn't feel like he's trying that hard which is not something I expect from town or scum Zeke. I don't really know what to make of that?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Also Zeke your reason for voting maol wasn't even right. You said he put you on a town list but that was his list of who he would vote today.

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
I mean, if you wanna do this, let's throw down then.

Faddy, being very Faddy and in his own head, ruminates on the state of play in his very first posts.

You say there are seven people gunning for you specifically. And then there's a gap after you are asked about it.

Like 7 people

OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

Ty4on (8 votes)
A Wild Ambulance Appears - #749
TheChuggernaut - #852 #1,045
Neki - #1,013
TheChuggernaut - #1,165
Maolfunction - #1,238
Dr. Monkey - #1,256
Ynnek7 - #1,262
Fanto - #1,482 #1,489
Zem - #1,505
Aeleus - #1,531

EzekelRAGE (3 votes)
Fanto - #1,046 #1,482
Fanto - #1,489
Faddy - #1,492
jman1954goat - #1,494

Maolfunction (3 votes)
EzekelRAGE - #721
Faddy - #1,377 #1,492
Kalor - #1,399
Ty4on - #1,409
jman1954goat - #1,424 #1,494

TheChuggernaut (2 votes)
A Wild Ambulance Appears - #158 #749
AllThingsPurple - #929
Hawthorn - #1,392

nin (2 votes)
Stantastic - #613
Leo - #1,111
Ty4on - #1,254 #1,409

Funky Dude Sparks (1 votes)
AllThingsPurple - #138 #929
Aeleus - #465 #1,531
Kopite - #1,436

Lone_Prodigy (1 votes)
FateShirou - #568
Fanto - #737 #1,046

Stantastic (0 votes)
jman1954goat - #731 #733

Dr. Monkey (0 votes)
Fanto - #140 #737

Zem (0 votes)
Maolfunction - #239 #640

Ynnek7 (0 votes)
Zem - #960 #1,446

Zippedpinhead (0 votes)
Dr. Monkey - #399 #1,256

jman1954goat (0 votes)
Ephidel - #1,058 #1,476
Kalor - #1,089 #1,399

Kalor (0 votes)
Maolfunction - #640 #1,238

Feign (0 votes)
jman1954goat - #977 #1,094
TheChuggernaut - #1,045 #1,165
nin - #1,062 #1,196

Not voting: Lone_Prodigy, nin, Ephidel, Zippedpinhead, SkyOdin, HPsauce, Funky Dude Sparks

Post Counts:
Dr. Monkey: 200 TheChuggernaut: 195 nin: 144 Maolfunction: 141 Ty4on: 103 AllThingsPurple: 100 FateShirou: 96 Feign: 94 Stantastic: 93 Faddy: 69 Funky Dude Sparks: 66 Fanto: 64 Aeleus: 64 jman1954goat: 60 Zem: 47 A Wild Ambulance Appears: 39 EzekelRAGE: 36 Ephidel: 33 Leo: 30 Neki: 27 Hawthorn: 20 SkyOdin: 20 HPsauce: 18 Ynnek7: 16 Zippedpinhead: 16 Kopite: 16 LaunchpadMcQ: 12 Kalor: 12 Lone_Prodigy: 11 Stuart444: 6

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Ty
there are 47mins left in the day
what do you want to happen
you have 7 votes on you

we still have time to reposition this, give us something

This really. This whole "like 7" stuff doesn't even factor into my vote, but that's all you're focusing on instead of giving a proper defence. The longer it goes on the more I actually think you're scum tbh.

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Dunno, I'm reading some of the ISOs. Fanto looked surprisingly decent being sorta comfortable in the thread even though there's not that much content except for a long reads list. There's also a huge amount of town reads which reads kinda town since it's a townie mistake to make sometimes.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
I hope there isn't 7 mafia, it'd break my heart to think so many of us can't be trusted. I'd like to believe in the kindness of the human heart to prevail over mafia scum.

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
Well considering there are eight people on his vote, I guess it must be nearly all of them.

I don't want to vote for no-one.
Maol is one of the few people on my absolutely not voting for list for today, so I'm not going there.
Half of me feels like voting for Zeke at this stage in the game would be like voting for Sparks, except if Zeke is town he'll actually be useful down the line.

I'm not sure it's where I want to be, but I think I can make my peace with a ty4on vote. So I guess I'm going to make it nine.

Vote: Ty4on

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
This game is just making me angry.

There's no reason for me to put the effort into reading the game since I know you won't read it after I flip. I don't have the motivation to do it either.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Also Zeke your reason for voting maol wasn't even right. You said he put you on a town list but that was his list of who he would vote today.
No I wasnt wrong. You are wrong. At this point it's obvious you arent even really paying attention to my posts and just moved to me because I am an easy lynch.

*monkey's list of solvable ppl by d3 that maol agrees with*
Ok so you agree with monkey's list and say those are ppl that will tell themselves. Noting wrong with that, makes sense.

*maols list of who he will vote today*
Then there is his list here. I'm on it. I'm the only one from the "will solve themselves later list" that's on his kill today list. When he just said he currently townreads me.

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
at least claim before u go ty4on, we can still turn the train around
the resistance for this isnt much, im starting to get a bad feeling about it

Hawthorn

Jul 16, 2020
vote: EzekelRAGE

As I said earlier, switching to Zeke as I find him more suspicious than Ty. I can see where the votes for Maol are coming from as well, but would want another day to look into him.